they\\\'re talking about getting kitties...

terri echolsterri echols kalamazooMember Posts: 4,758
edited 1 December, 2007 in Choosing the Right Cat
i live with three humans, first person, m person, and my faithful scribe. first person has always been mine and i am hers, but m person is mine too, and the scribe is fun. i like that mix. three humans, one cat. now they want more kitties, a kitty for each...but kitties for all. they talk about the right cats for me-like i want cats-age, sex, breed....exhaustively, constantly, while clicking on the dratted laptop that means a catless lap. churrah is ten, and he\'s neutered (ohh yesss...wince) but he\'s still male...hmm. i\'m not bringing an adult cat in this house, and i\'d rather not bring in a male. no, churrah is top cat. him need to know that. is that what i really need in my life, though? a couple of little girl kitties at my age? is this good?

Comments

• Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 1 December, 2007
    It's Stella. Bringing in a younger cat is an interesting way to revitalize your life, and it has its advantages and disadvantages. If you get the right kitty, probably a young kitty, they will know right away that you are top cat. If you would like some kitties, please adopt my kitten brother and sister. They are very sweet and recognize the top cat--unfortunately it's not me, it's Delyte--and they love to play. Delyte, who is not as old as you, didn't ever play until I came into the house, and now with these kittens, too, it's a constant play-a-thon. But it's driving my person nuts, and she thinks these kittens should have a home where they can get more attention. Although if you get two kitties together who are friends or littermates, they may ignore you and play together. She's thinking of separating them, so they will be more oriented to people instead of each other. But they are so cute.