Should mom adopt this foster kitty?!

Nastassia YalleyNastassia Yalley sherman OaksMember Posts: 39
edited 1 December, 2007 in Choosing the Right Cat
Mommy just found out about this adorable 8 y/o siamese girl who needs a home. Apparantly she's all trained, healthy, and good with other animals and kids. The main issue that is worrying her is me, and I don't want her to have to choose one or the other. I used to have a kitty friend named angel and we got along great, but I got her when I was about a year old. Now I'm 10 and I don't know if it would be a good idea to have a friend or if I'm just too set in my ways. *Mommy works so it might be nice to have a friend, but can siamese and calico get along? *We're both senior cats so we might be just lazy and sleeping *What about territory? Do female cats start marking? Thank you! Anything would help...Mommy hates seeing other animals without a home.

Comments

• Michele AshleyMichele Ashley Chattanooga/HixsonMember Posts: 3,161
    edited 29 November, 2007
    Sure you can. Since you are both older no need to worry about one stressing out the other. Your momma should just give you both time to get to know each other and adjust.
  • Stephanie ChangtuStephanie Changtu Miami Fl,Member Posts: 883
    edited 1 December, 2007
    I t would be fine,LIke you said you two will be laying down al day becosue your old. :b:
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 1 December, 2007
    I was 9 when mom brought Diego home. I had recently lost my companion Furie and was lonely. We were worried becuase I was older and he was only 3 months old. It didn't take too long for me to adjust. We don't snuggle but sometimes he cleans me. I like that. The best thing is that having this youngster around has greatly improved the quality of my life. I play a lot now, not only with him but by myself. Mom says this is a sign of a happy kitty. Good luck in your decision.