Toys that just didn't work.

Yvonne McCarthyYvonne McCarthy DallasMember Posts: 29
edited 3 May, 2005 in What I Love About Catster
OK, mommy thought about this a minute and decided it was a good idea to tell someone else before they spent money. I was talking with my friend Milo and we decided to tell because Milo and family and my family all agree. That toy that looks like a bug jar and has bugs fly all around and even glows at night? It didn't work for us for even a second. Did it work for anyone else??

Comments

• FLIP RainnieFLIP Rainnie Member Posts: 80
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I was just DYING to get my paws on that jar with the bugs flying around inside it toy; my friend Pebbles got one! and I told mummy I WANT ONE..I NEED ONE!!,but now after what you say,maybe I'll just go back to chasing lizards tails.......
  • Janet CrouchJanet Crouch Member Posts: 1,209
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mwah? Yes, that was my brother Milo talking to Yoshi about the Bug Jar that bugged mom more than anything! Us kitties like more touchy-feely things! Makes a nice conversation piece amongst adults!
  • Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I don't know about that toy, but here's a nightmare of a toy my mommy blew lots of $$$ on. Remember the ball that rolls itself around? It scared the living daylights out of me!!! Then one day it went down the stairs and broke in a million pieces...thank heavens!
  • Jamie TravaleJamie Travale WesternMember Posts: 13
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My momma bought us this remote controled mouse which was lots of fun. But, we are cats...and we shed. And this little mouse gets our fur caught-up in it's wheels (?) and then it stops moving. Momma has to clean it before it works again but, it never lasts very long.
  • Kristen MangoKristen Mango Chapel HillMember Posts: 40
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Strangely, we didn't like the gun that shoots catnip-scented bubbles! Neither did the cats next door. Poor mom. She really likes it. She is going to keep it around and see if we like it another year or something. In themeantime, bring on the fuzzy soccer balls and drink straws!
  • Nancy HornbergerNancy Hornberger Commerce Twp.Member Posts: 3,723
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Every though it is not really a toy, my Mom was so thrilled to find one of those made for cats videos, not one of us cats watched it! We could have cared less, we want the real thing!!! So now we have bird feeders outside. Now that's enertainment!
  • Mandy PopovecMandy Popovec Chino Hills/"The 909"Member Posts: 4
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My mom spent all kinds of money on cute toys, but I couldn't care less about them. My favorites are: Empty Water Bottles Empty Toilet Paper Rolls Ice Cubes Caps off of Hairspray Ballpoint Pens Plastic Circles from new Milk Jugs I do have one toy that I LOVE... and it's the La-Z-Pet. It's a long plastic stink thingy with a string on it and a feather attached to the end. I carry it all around the house like it's my binky.
  • Megan CMegan C St GeorgeMember Posts: 115
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Bailey, I agree I prefer simple toys that weren't meant to be toys. I do like toy mice a lot, though, so that's an exception. My Mom did buy me the Hartz Twirl and Whirl toy which costs between $5-$8 depending on where you buy it. I loved it but the problem was I loved it a bit too much. My Mom got it when I was 7 weeks old and within 5 days time it was broken. The little prong was bent and wouldn't stay in the hole so I only had 3 prongs with toys hanging down but I wanted the 4 I was supposed to have. My Mom got it at Wal-mart so she returned it since their return policy is basically nonexistent. It is a fun toy, I especially loved the pom pom but it's not too durable.
  • Julia MundyJulia Mundy NorfolkMember Posts: 218
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Roxanne, our Daddy bought us one of those balls, too. Wish we'd thought about "rolling" it down the stairs! He also bought us this battery-operated contraption that has a fluffy spider dangling on an arm that motors around a base. We're sure that it set him back a pretty penny! Well, we loved the fluffy spider part (we ripped it off immediately), but the spinning arm on a (loud) motorized base scared the poop outta us!
  • Tara ScarlettTara Scarlett RaynhamMember Posts: 196
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I hate the catnip bubbles, because they are scary when they fly, and they get me wet when they pop. But I LOVE the way they make the carpet smell when Mommy blows them. I'll sit there and lick the carpet and rest with my face on it. I also don't like the light up ball that makes "bird" noises that Daddy got me. It's too weird sounding. I hid that one, and they'll NEVER find it! HA HA!
  • Wendy WardWendy Ward TorontoMember Posts: 84
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I got that stupid ball, and it had a bushy tail - scared the daylights outta me! My mom has put it in the "retired toys box". I did love my "kitty motor track mouse" toy...until I broke the darn thing. You know the toy with the little motorized mouse running in a round track (looks like two plastic disks with a groove). First I figured out how to stop the mouse, poke my paw right into the groove (and shredded and ate most of his fur. Then I discovered if I sat dead center on the toy it would stop working. Eventually I broke it. Mom bought me another toy something like this that had a white ball that went around the groove after I hit it, but I was bored with that after a few days. It's now in the "retired toys box". Heh, heh, heh.
  • Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Roxy, we have a toy that scares all three of us, too. It's a stuffed cat that meows. We all run for the hills ( which is pretty hard to do here in FL ). I don't know what our human was thinking when she got that. Gysmo loves his kitty video...he'll watch it forever. We all love our stuffed mouse. I love to mother it, and my brothers like to 'capture' it. Then there is .....DA BIRD...that is the best of all toys. We all go nuts, and I can even leap 2 feet in the air still..not too bad for an old lady!
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 27 February, 2006
    scared...Do you guys want to be Really Scared? There is a Real Toy Cat that not only Talks, but is on Catster! Truth! His name is Tequila and he is on What I love About... Get back to Jacques, who is monitoring It's, er, His progress! --the fiends
  • Lindsay ColbertLindsay Colbert Member Posts: 376
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We got that same poorly conceived remote control mouse... With 13 cats in the house it could only go about 3 feet before getting so tangled it couldn't move! And that was on freshly vaccumed linolium! Didn't they have people test it? It's disappointing, because we would have loved to play with it if it had worked. : (