Am I Siberian?

Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
edited 21 December, 2007 in Siberian
We thought I was Maine Coon/Norwegian Forest Cat, but mom just saw a special on TV and thinks I may be Siberian. What are the traits of a Siberian kitty>

Comments

• Alana RobertsAlana Roberts BrooklynMember Posts: 758
    edited 14 May, 2007
    Siberian cats vary bu generally they have a double coat, very long fur, tufts of fur in their ear and between their toes. They tend to like to climb to high places and are very chatty, I have heard people say they are dog like and they get attached to one particular person.
  • Karen MahonyKaren Mahony PragueMember Posts: 3
    edited 15 May, 2007
    We have a Siberian. They are quite distinctive cats and very definitely have long coats and, as the poster above said, long tufts of fur in the ears and between the toes. They are usually a variation on brindled colouring - variations of brown, ginger and white mostly, although I've also seen silvery Sibs (and one with points, but I believe that's not a recognised colouring now). Hope that helps!
    edited 15 May, 2007
    By the way, seeing your photos I would say this is not a Siberian - you are gorgeous but you look more like a Norwegian Forest type to me. Siberians are generally a bit chunkier in the face and body. Hard to describe, but just a slightly different shape.
    edited 15 May, 2007
    By the way, seeing your photos I would say this is not a Siberian - you are gorgeous but you look more like a Norwegian Forest type to me. Siberians are generally a bit chunkier in the face and body. Hard to describe, but just a slightly different shape.
  • Brent NewberryBrent Newberry Murfreesboro, TNMember Posts: 16
    edited 16 July, 2007
    Siberians are also known for being hypo-allergenic cats, meaning they cause little to no allergies. My girlfriend has asthma attacks sometimes at my parent's house, and they have two short hair cats and my mother cleans all the time. But she isn't bothered by Mischa's fur at all.
  • Melanie Von DohrenMelanie Von Dohren Member Posts: 6
    edited 17 September, 2007
    Hi, we also thought that I was a Maine Coon, but someone has pointed out that I may be a Siberian. Do you think I could be a Siberian cat?
  • Robin BassRobin Bass Forest HillsMember Posts: 105
    edited 16 December, 2007
    I was told that I came from a breeder in Atlanta and I one of ten Siberian kittens- I have blue eyes. My Uncle, Fatty has very long hair and a fluffy6 tail. he is orange all over. My Uncle Jazz has my same color - orange and White but he is a domestic shorthair. I\'m so confused.
  • Robin BassRobin Bass Forest HillsMember Posts: 105
    edited 16 December, 2007
    Hi...I'm Purr-C's Uncle...tryin to figure out if I'm siberian, or a Maine Coon...I know i'm beautiful.
  • Kim DBKim DB CAMember Posts: 24
    edited 19 December, 2007
    FATTY M-CAT- BASS - - You look like a Maine Coon. My Grandma had one for 15 years. You could be mixed with Siberian though if not purebred....,.
  • Teri SchaubelTeri Schaubel West AllisMember Posts: 6
    edited 21 December, 2007
    Hello I am Fredryckelee ,I am so smart that I have the house from going up in fire three times and I tell my mom and dad what is always going in other parts of the house.Even if Dad forget to give me my insulin shotI will sat there and talk until he gives it to me.If not I go and wake up mom to give it to me and feedme my specail food.