A visit to the human's office

Vincci ChingVincci Ching Hong KongMember Posts: 8
edited 23 April, 2006 in Cats & Travel
I spent a day at my human's office last week. It was so much fun but my human is worried about my cat litter box so she put some cat litter sand in a carton box so that I can relief myself whenever I need to go... However, I could not go... it just did not feel right... Can I hold it until 6 p.m.? Would it be bad for my health? Any solutions to that?

Comments

• Sally WrightSally Wright DenverMember Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I used to never go potty unless my mom was there. I'd hold it ALL day and then run in when she got home. I don't do that anymore, but I never had a problem from it. When she takes me on a long trip, she has a litterbox in the car and I use it when I need to but it's still not usually more than twice a day. If she knows your usual litterbox habits and you don't usually go during the daytime, then you should be fine. It wouldn't hurt to have one there for emergencies though - just in case! You don't want her boss to tell her that you can't come to visit during the day anymore just because you had a little accident. *purrr*
  • Vincci ChingVincci Ching Hong KongMember Posts: 8
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thanks Kenya - What a relief! It means that I might score myself more trips to the office then! Purrrr~
  • kelly cookkelly cook willy townMember Posts: 7
    edited 11 March, 2006
    I used to go with my mom to her grandmas house. I would be kept in a large dog cage in the back seat with a litter box and sleeping area I would not go to the potty while driving the 4 hour trip and still wouldnt go once we were at our destination, I was very upset but I finally calmed down and did my duty it just took a while (a day and a half). I think it was being in the new situation.
  • Patricia HodgePatricia Hodge WatertownMember Posts: 14,819
    edited 11 March, 2006
    one time I got what is called stress crystals so the vet needed a urine sample,, Mommsy kept calling to see if I gave them one, she told mommsy that kittys can hold it a long time if they want to,,, she had to wait a day and a half once...
  • Vincci ChingVincci Ching Hong KongMember Posts: 8
    edited 18 April, 2006
    Miao~ I am colonizing the office spaces! Both my humans have cat litter boxes at their offices now, so whenever I go visit, I'll have my own bathroom to visit. They figured that a cat litter box is more humane... and cheaper than the vet's bill for crystals and other bad infections or disorders... Thanks for letting them know!
  • Jennifer BenschJennifer Bensch MooreMember Posts: 21
    edited 23 April, 2006
    I went to my Mom's office once and I couldn't go, either. I held it until I got home and I was fine with it. I don't go to Mom's office much anymore because Mom works from home more often now.
  • Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
    edited 23 April, 2006
    The vet had to keep me all day (8am-6pm) once to get a urine sample and I gave them nothing! When I moved from Seattle to Southern California, I only went once at about the halfway point(it was a 2 and a half day trip). Even then it was in the middle of the night in the hotel. Zory didn't go the first two days we got her. non was worried she was either sick, or going on the rug. Many cats won't go in unfamiliar territory. We also like privacy, and sometimes won't go during the day. If you're not showing signs of illness you're probably fine. Your mom is lucky she's allowed to take you to work.