Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Sign petition against use of gas chamber in NC & GA shelters!

Adriana Garcia-RomanAdriana Garcia-Roman HollywoodMember Posts: 4,134
edited 3 January, 2008 in Laws & Legislation
This hits all of us who love all the animals that have to be destroyed every day via Gassing! Why not take a minute and sound off against Gas Chambers!! Every signature counts, whether you are in NC or not, please sign!!! Please sign & cross-post NC gas chamber - 10,000 signatures needed - maybe we can accomplish it this week? IF WE WORK TOGETHER, WE CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS!!! Thank you fur you time Ashlye ”Caddo Parish Animal Shelter Dogs Abused and Neglected”CLICK HERE TO SIGN PETITION ”“Reform Carroll County (GA) Animal Control shelter” CLICK HERE TO SIGN PETITION \"STOP THE BRUTAL ASPHYXIATION OF PETS IN THE YADKIN COUNTY NC GAS CHAMBER\"”CLICK HERE TO SIGN PETITION

Comments

• Susan MavesSusan Maves MaconMember Posts: 6,697
    edited 2 November, 2007
    Thanks Ashlye!! We signed!
  • Sylvia SmithSylvia Smith WoodvilleMember Posts: 10,444
    edited 3 November, 2007
    Mom signed all three...things like this just upset her terribly!
  • Debbie EckertDebbie Eckert Garden GroveMember Posts: 750
    edited 4 November, 2007
    We signed all three too! Thanks for telling us!
  • Michelle BrunnerMichelle Brunner BlairsvilleMember Posts: 11,194
    edited 4 November, 2007
    Me too!!!
  • Shira WildShira Wild New Smyrna Beach, FLMember Posts: 312
    edited 4 November, 2007
    Signed and forwarded to every pey purrson I know.
  • Jean SchnurrJean Schnurr Catonsville/BaltimoreMember Posts: 28
    edited 5 November, 2007
    I can't stop crying after seeing that video of the GA gas chamber. That is why I transport most weekends. Thank you for sharing. I've signed & will ask my hooman friends to too. Joey's hooman secretary
  • Jill BrunoJill Bruno Member Posts: 289
    edited 5 November, 2007
    Mom signed all 3 and passed all 3 on to all of her friends in the veterinary community. They are spread out all over the country so hopefully they will pass it on to more people and so on and so forth and we will get the results we need! Hanny
  • Adriana Garcia-RomanAdriana Garcia-Roman HollywoodMember Posts: 4,134
    edited 5 November, 2007
    Thank you everykitty!!! We need to try to get as many signature as possible!!! we need to stop this!!! This ANIMAL CRUELTY!!!! The one for NC needs 10,000 and we just got 1,700 so please please help me to spread the word we need to do something for these innocents!!! Thank you so much for signed all 3!!! Very Sad & Angry Ashlye
  • Jean SchnurrJean Schnurr Catonsville/BaltimoreMember Posts: 28
    edited 5 November, 2007
    We've sent an email about these petitions, especially the GA gas chamber one to a lot of people tonight. I'm hoping we get more signatures from that & they tell more people, etc. I'm glad you posted these important petitions. I had heard of the gas chambers before but didn't realize how cruel they were. I thought I was going to get sick. Lance, Joey & their hooman
  • Heidi HessenHeidi Hessen Acworth/KennesawMember Posts: 975
    edited 7 November, 2007
    mom feels sick.....she is ashamed that supposedly "superior" "higher intelligence" beings are so so stupid and lazy and cruel. thank you for sharing these petitions with us.
  • Krista HustonKrista Huston Member Posts: 9
    edited 7 November, 2007
    any time they need to put animals down due to overpopulation , esp this time of year at a shelter is heartbreaking, we do our part in rescue and transports,i personally think the heart stake is the worst possible means to get this done, how cruel is this.... it makes us all cry,please spay neuter and rescue to save any pet from this horrible fate
  • Teresa LogueTeresa Logue SpringfieldMember Posts: 13
    edited 28 December, 2007
    I dont remember seeing this post when it originally posted, but I was sure to go on the sites and sign the petitions, all three. But, as I posted on all three commentaries, its a really sad day when you have to sign a petition to get people to stop putting animals in the gas chamber. When are we going to learn?:?
  • a aa a Member Posts: 157
    edited 31 December, 2007
    Aw.. I signed the petions and and watched the video. And cried. Do you ever feel guilty for being part of the human race when you watch stuff like this?
  • edited 1 January, 2008
    Signed ALL of them, even the airal gunning of Gray wolves... I have a new video series "Land of the eagle" about american history/wildlife and what happened to how beautiful North America was.....:( and will never be again.:(( Its sick that the last stronghold of the Gray wolf has to be plundered like this land was hundreds of years ago...gosh you'd thnk we've learned something sense then.:r
  • Elizabeth ClarkeElizabeth Clarke BerkeleyMember Posts: 1,818 ✭✭
    edited 2 January, 2008
    Mom signed all 3! Thanks for posting the link, Ashlye!
  • Geraldine TanGeraldine Tan Quezon CityMember Posts: 2
    edited 2 January, 2008
    When I think of how much I spend, and how hard I work to keep my Willow happy and healthy...then I hear of how other animals are needlessly put to death, it makes me feel numb with rage. This has to stop. I'm grateful for all the wonderful people who signed these petitions before me. I will sign all three, too. Thank you to the person who posted these here in the first place. Love, Ger, on behalf of Willow and all his kin.
  • Geraldine TanGeraldine Tan Quezon CityMember Posts: 2
    edited 2 January, 2008
    I'm not sure if my earlier post got recorded. Anyway, thanks very much to Ashlye for drawing our attention to this. I'm very proud that Willow is so beautiful, and catches people's eyes when I post his picture on my networking pages. I'll use this advantage of his, to draw attention to the plight of his fellow animals. After all, Willow was once a stray, too. Look how gorgeous he is, now. He's such a sweet and loving pet. All animals need to be given the chance that Willow was given. More power to the people who care enough about animals to actually do something about their suffering.
  • Cheryl ShoalsCheryl Shoals Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 120
    edited 3 January, 2008
    Mom signed. Thanks for bringing our attention to this terrifying story.