May adopt a 1 year old, worried

Brigitte CrossonBrigitte Crosson YardleyMember Posts: 1
My parents are considering adopting a 1 year old girl named Tasha. Me & my sis are 7 and pretty set in our ways. This poor kitties parents are moving though and can\'t keep her. Also she isn\'t spayed yet, but Mommy & Daddy plan on doing that right away. I\'m worried about how me & Clarice will adjust. Any advice?

Comments

• Shelley BryantShelley Bryant SacramentoMember Posts: 1,376
    edited 26 April, 2006
    I am 16 and my person is a foster home for cats & kittens. That means an ever rotating number of mainly really young bouncy kittens. I adjust by ignoring them. My brother Petipaw loves the kittens and helps to care for them. I commend your person for taking in a kitty that is in need of a forever home and for getting her spayed right away. What my person has found when she does adoption placement is that if everyone in the household is calm & thinks it will work out . . . then it will. There is lots of information about introducing another cat. In my house we are so used to it that one more is not a real problem.
  • Kris PotterKris Potter Dallas SuburbMember Posts: 1,131
    edited 27 April, 2006
    I about 1 when Karma and I moved in together. She was 9 years old then and had always been an only child. We never became big friends but we coexisted fine. The worst part of the adjustment period was when we fought for bed territory and we'd pee on the bed. Oh boy were our parents mad! But that didn't last long. The claws are about to be on the other paw, however. Karma went to the Bridge a month ago and a youngster is bound to move in with us soon.