Amarkat anyone?

Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
Sorry i spelled the name wrong Armarkat but im sure you all know what I meant MOL Hello! Mom is thinking of getting us a new cat tree soon and was thinking about Amarkat but wanted to get some reviews on them first. Gordy is getting to be a big boy so we were curious if they are sturdy. Any other suggestions on where to get a cat tree online? Mom wants a fairly tall one with big perches. Lots of love, Ruben and Gordy

Comments

• KIM WAREHIMEKIM WAREHIME WESTMINSTERMember Posts: 70
    edited 16 September, 2009
    RUEBEN & GORDY, WE PAWSITIVELY LOVE OUR CAT TREES AND OTHER STUFF OUR GRAND MEOWMY BUYS US FROM PETEDGE. THATS PETEDGE.COM. THEY HAVE SOME SERIOUSLY GOOD PRICES ON CAT TREES AND ALL KINDS OF OTHER STUFF TOO. WE ESPECIALLY RECOMMEND GETTING A TUB OF SILLY SQUID TOYS. THEY ROCK. ALSO YOU COULD GO TO DIY.COM THERE ARE A FEW DIFFERENT SETS OF PLANS FOR TREES IF YOUR MEOWY IS HANDY. GOOD LUCK ON GETTING ONE THATS PURRFECT.:)
  • Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
    I will check into it Thank you so much! Love, Ruben
  • melissa muttermelissa mutter West ChesterMember Posts: 10,189
    Rueben! YES! Get an Armarkat! CLICK HERE Bid on e-bay 99 cents and pay around $80 shipping. If you buy it on their website they charge around $159 and up, and you can get free shipping. We bought THIS ONE on e-bay. We lost the first auction, but won the second! It is super sturdy and easy to put together.
    oooh Thank you Ravi! I didn't even think of Ebay. Love, Ruben
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    Ruben, I have an Armakat cat tree, bought it from EBay. It is sturdy enough, but mom has found that every once in a while she will use the tools they provided her with to tighten the screws that hold together the sections. It's mostly mom being paranoid, because I am very active, and keep jumping up and down from it all the time, so it does take a pounding on a daily basis.
  • Kathy MillerKathy Miller O'FallonMember Posts: 5,315 ✭✭
    We got one for Christmas and LOVE it. It's tall and the one we bought was rated for 80 pounds of cat. :))! We outgrew the old one because Murray and I are growing Maine Coons. We bought it from cozycatfurniture.com because they had free shipping and it was quite heavy.
  • Maggie BussaMaggie Bussa Member Posts: 191
    Hi! There are four of us here and we love our Amarkat. Its right by the window and we love to climb and scratch it. Mom had to put it together, but it wasn't too hard. Its a good value for the money.
  • Christina OttChristina Ott fairless hillsMember Posts: 8,628
    Hey Ruben buddy!! We just got one for Catmas from www.cattreestore.com. Daddy put it together in about an hour and it was really easy!! We do love it!! We got the micro fleece and like that! It isn't as sturdy as out old tower from pet smart, but that is probably because it is bigger and has a bunch of different levels...the only thing mom and I would like better about it is if the houses were carpeted inside. But we love it!
  • Roxann RobbinsRoxann Robbins Member Posts: 3,268
    We've been very happy with the Armarkat trees off eBay. My family are returning customers and have collected five large trees. We've had them for years and they've held up well. The oldest finally needed to be recovered with plush and the posts resisaled but mommy did it easily...and it's as good as new. Chirps, Biscuit
    Thank you so much for the recommendations! It really helps me make the decision. Lots of love, Ruben
  • P IngramP Ingram EaganMember Posts: 7,400
    Two Amarakat's here from ebay. And would buy more in a heartbeat. Ours was so nice that when we sold our house last year the buyer insisted the cat tree be included with the house (we got an identical one for the new house). LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!