How do they do that?????

jennifer viscontijennifer visconti queensMember Posts: 2,157
Whoa, I have been so curious about some fancy cat pages lately! Have you seen any with sounds, videos, moving cartoon character mouse pointers, etc??? I am sure it's some sophisticated computer program my dumb mommy doesn't have or can't figure out. Anyone know about this? Thanks!

Comments

• sharon goffsharon goff Coltishall, Norfolk.Member Posts: 995
    edited 29 May, 2006
    Hello Eve what do you think of my page and my familys pages. If you like them I could perhaps help you. Its easy!
  • jennifer viscontijennifer visconti queensMember Posts: 2,157
    edited 29 May, 2006
    Your page is the BEST! We could not stop laughing over here!!!! We love the pics with you and the royal family! Mom clicked on bigwoo.ws and it wouldn't load (we have dial up) She will try again later so we can see how to do things like that. thank you for showing us your wonderful page! Hopefully, we can do it to!
    edited 29 May, 2006
    Hey Mr. Snuggles - we just looked at all the great stuff on bigoo but don't know how to copy it to a clipboard - do you have any advice? thanks so much!
  • Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 29 May, 2006
    Eve, take a look at another thread started by Rufus. Maybe it will help.
    edited 30 May, 2006
    thanks to everyone that gave great advice - what do you think of the changes on my page and my sisters?
  • Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 30 May, 2006
    Great job Eve! Somehow, Emma's music fits very well... !!!
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 30 May, 2006
    My family and I found this website to be very helpful. Its www.mbif.net They have music, cursors, backgrounds and more! Hope it helps. Dont forget to check out our pages!! teehee
  • Ellen KenneyEllen Kenney Stuart / Saint Lucie areaMember Posts: 8,240
    edited 31 May, 2006
    Hello, Eve! For future refrence for anything else..... This thread should help you with the other stuff :-) It doesn't talk about music... but it shows how to add images, polls, cursors, backgrounds, counters, and lots of other stuff! Go here for videos :-) Both threads are on Dogster... but you can still access them.
    edited 31 May, 2006
    Thanks everyone! now i have even more great stuff to look up and add!!! mbif.net is where i went for the music and backgrounds too! this is addictive! :-)
  • CalvinCalvin ScottsdaleMember Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭
    edited 1 June, 2006
    One hint on using cursors from www.mbif.net If you try copying and pasting the cursor HTML code directly from mbif, you will notice that the entire code doesn't paste. You need to first copy and paste the cursor HTML into a word document. When they created the HTML, return, or paragraph marks, were put into the code. You need to delete those so that the HTML is one long continuous string - with no returns, or paragraph marks. Once you delete them, just copy and paste into your Catster extra fields. Hope that makes sense! Mawmee spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was wrong and why the cursors didn't show up!

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

• TRACY YOUNGTRACY YOUNG New YorkMember Posts: 6,538
    edited 1 June, 2006
    Or you could go minimalist. But, hey, we're New Yorkers. MOL