Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Competition Amongst Felines

nancy monkeymammanancy monkeymamma (LA)Member Posts: 642
edited 10 June, 2006 in Plus Fun
I don't care for that too much! 1800petmeds is having a contest and I'm in it. BUT, so are other kitties that are on Catster. I think I may officially secede. Tough decision. Mommy and Daddy think the whole competition is rigged. Have you done the math? Good luck to those who entered.

Comments

• AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 9 June, 2006
    Hi Monkey. I\'m not very good at math, but I know when others have entered the contest on that site, their overall \"rating\" came out very low. So, if that\'s happening to you, I think it\'s just the usual thing. Yeah, it seems a little fishy. Who\'s giving such low ratings? I haven\'t even been able to see the ratings for you or for Simba -- I know he\'s in that contest this month, too. Good Luck to both of you. But Monk, we need to find you a different contest! There are lots of others. Don\'t be discouraged by this one. Pffffft to it!
  • TRACY YOUNGTRACY YOUNG New YorkMember Posts: 6,538
    edited 9 June, 2006
    Look, let\'s face it. These \"contests\" are totally bogus, just designed to sell stuff. Even COTD, I hazard, is randomly selected. I mean, they\'\'ve had fake cats and cats with vulgar names as COTD. Forget contests. Cats are above such silliness. Join the yoga group, NaMEOWste, where we are all one and we are all wonderful.
  • nancy monkeymammanancy monkeymamma (LA)Member Posts: 642
    edited 9 June, 2006
    Thanks a lot you two! I honestly want to official secede. Am looking into it. wouldn't that be a NOTso NORMAL thing to do? "Hi, I'd like to officially quit this contest!" I wonder??? could I do that? Not cuz I'm a quitter, but I dont believe the ratings/votes are any where near accurate. So I feel it's dishonest. It's very annoying. Today I breezed through the dogs and I saw the same dog 4 within 10shots. i was shocked! That's it!
  • nancy monkeymammanancy monkeymamma (LA)Member Posts: 642
    edited 9 June, 2006
    how do i delete a post?
  • TRACY YOUNGTRACY YOUNG New YorkMember Posts: 6,538
    edited 10 June, 2006
    Ask Scooter, she knows everything.
  • Patricia HodgePatricia Hodge WatertownMember Posts: 14,819
    edited 10 June, 2006
    Hello, Usually if a pet magazine runs one it is quite fair, but the ones on the sites, there are so many and usually just the ones who enter are the ones who go there... and you are right the scores stay very low... and most of the contestants are beautiful Bluie