I'm writing this for Kashmere as she's much too busy caring for her newborn kittens. They were born just this morning - Memorial Day! She has an active litter of 5 kittens but I felt she would have several more since she was absolutely HUGE. I wasn't here for the delivery but I remember when she delivered her first litter of kittens she needed to be 'coached' an awful lot to keep her focused and in active labor.
My concern is: about an hour ago, I was checking in on her and rubbed her tummy a bit and felt what I suspect to be a kitten still inside her. I only felt one but there's a possibility there could be more. With it being the holiday her regular vet is not available to question but what do you think? Should I hold off until tomorrow or try calling the emergency vet hospitals today to see about getting her and her litter in there? I'm concerned about moving them all today being they've already been through quite a lot; especially Kashmere, but I don't want to risk harming her should I find out too late I waited too long to call the hospital.