Pawlease Keep These Kitties In Your Thoughts!

Leeann BooneLeeann Boone HartfordMember Posts: 2,212
edited 10 July, 2008 in Plus Friendly
Before I go on: They put the USE IN OPEN AREA OUTDOORS ONLY, DO NOT USE INSIDE warning on fireworks for a reason! Someone in mom's friends apartment lit off a smoke bomb today INSIDE the apartment and it landed in the garbage can and started the garbage can on fire which started the entire room on fire! Unfortunatly one of his(moms friend) dogs, Bear died in the fire of smoke inhalation and they couldn't find his cats:(( The good news is that they managed to get his other 2 dogs out in time and noone was hurt! His cats are indoor/outdoor so I'm hoping that the reason he couldn't find them is because they were outside! |/a/|

Comments

• JANE STUTFIELDJANE STUTFIELD BERKELEYMember Posts: 2,203
    edited 6 July, 2008
    We are purrrring that the other kitties were outside and will be found. What a tragedy - a life lost for absolutely no reason! Purrring hard, Oliver, Jackson and Kila
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 6 July, 2008
    Oh Lizzie: We are purring and praying that these cats are found. And, hopefully the human who did this finds his brain.....since apparently he lost it at some point to do something SO STUPID!!!!! Thank goodness the fire did not spread and hurt other kitties, woofers and humans..... Louis Armstrong, Emma Barrett, Benny Grunch & Pete Fountain P.S. And WE are called "dumb animals"!!!!
  • Sarah_PinkSarah_Pink Chapel HillMember Posts: 153 ✭✭
    edited 6 July, 2008
    I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope the other kitties, dogs, and humans are safe. What a stupid person to set off a smoke bomb inside. I hope they find the person who did it and ban them from the house.
  • Leeann BooneLeeann Boone HartfordMember Posts: 2,212
    edited 6 July, 2008
    Well heres a link to the story. Mom had to email the news staff and HISS at them because they were saying to TEENS did it and the only to Teens in the house at the time was her friend and his gf who is also a good friend of hers! PLUS it was only ONE person who did lit off a smoke bomb! She also hissed at them because they said "that fortunatly they got out and managed to get 2 dogs out as well. The 3rd dog was killed in the fire." That dog was Bear and he wasn't JUST a dog! He was THEIR dog!http://www.wisn.com/news/16803093/detail.html His girlfriend is at home right now and he and his family are staying in hotel for the time being.
    edited 7 July, 2008
    heres a more accurate story of what happened! http://www.gmtoday.com/news/local_stories/2008/July_08/07072008_03.asp (sorry I don't know how to make it clickable!) "Smoke bomb scorches house, displaces family Dog dies from holiday flare -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- By RASMIEYH ABDELNABI - GM Today Staff July 7, 2008 A fire caused at this residence, 337 Frame Ave., Waukesha, left at least five people without a home Saturday afternoon. Authorities said one of the tenants lit a smoke bomb in the house and did not put it out immediately. The house sustained serious damages. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WAUKESHA - An attempt to light a smoke bomb and throw it from a residence the day after Independence Day turned destructive for some Waukesha residents and fatal for a pet dog. Around 2:15 p.m., emergency crews responded to 337 Frame Ave. for a structure fire. Waukesha Fire Battalion Chief Joe Vitale said a tenant inside the house attempted to throw a lit smoke bomb through window. Instead, the bomb landed in a wastebasket, which caught fire and spread to a nearby bed. "The house was charged with smoke, it was just pushing with smoke," Vitale said Sunday of the Saturday fire scene. There was a delay in calling 911, he said, which made the situation worse. advertisement Two tenants and a friend of one of the tenants were in the house at the time, but were out of the house before fire department members arrived on scene. One dog died, though two others were saved."
  • Kristyn LuksKristyn Luks Member Posts: 32,266
    edited 7 July, 2008
    I\'m praying for the kitties and the two dogs. Since momma is also a dog lover, she feels sorry for the owner who lost their dog in the fire. :(( Sending hugs and prayers to them! |:||:||:||:|
    edited 10 July, 2008
    Aw thank you guys! I guess they were at the house yesterday but idk if they found the kitties or not:(( |:|
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 10 July, 2008
    That's so sad. My Mommy's best friend back in her home town lost her home to a fire in January. In her case, it was accidental. All of the people were okay, thank goodness. And two of the dogs made it. But their little Rat Terrier puppy hid under a bed where no one knew she was. They didn't find her until after the fire had been put out and it was too late. Also, their birds perished. The fire spread so quickly, and my friend's husband barely had time to get all four children out of the house. The firefighters tried to find the puppy, too, but the home was fully engulfed in a very short time. (Note: check all of your lights and lamps to be sure that they don't have a bulb that is too strong for them... that's how their fire started.) Believe me, I am so happy that all of the children made it out okay; I'm a Mommy, too. And those children are like my own. But my heart broke when my friend told me about her little puppy. I can't imagine going through all of that because of someone's brainless act, instead of an accident. It's just so tragic. I do hope the kitties will be found and that they are okay. So horrible to lose everything without having to lose your furry babies, too.