I HAVE 4 HOURS TO LIVE!

marina prostakovamarina prostakova Member Posts: 7

Comments

• Roxann RobbinsRoxann Robbins Member Posts: 3,268
    edited 13 July, 2008
    Oh no! Oh please no! Its been four hours since the post :(( Someone? Bedelia
  • Beth CostaBeth Costa Stoneham, MAMember Posts: 252
    edited 15 July, 2008
    So what happened? It's really upsetting to see something on here like this and then nothing afterward. I'm really sorry for this kitty if she never found a forever home and was PTS. But you should really think about giving people information about how to be helpful and not just dropping an emotional bomb onto the site and then walking away. That's not really fair.
  • Nuk AnukNuk Anuk Member Posts: 846
    edited 16 July, 2008
    That is seriously upsetting. Yesterday the profile was clickable. I clicked it to see what information was given there. The location, the shelter and the adoption criteria were all listed. I sighed with frustration that she was not even on the same coast as I. She needed to be an only cat. (She was listed as not being good with dogs or other cats.) Regardless of all of that - Had she been within four hours of our family I would have gone and *adopted* her. Although with 3 cats we are at our limit - But after bringing her home I could have arranged for one of our local NO-Kill shelters to take her. She could have at least lived out her life, awaiting her forever family. We have done just that before with our local Humane Society shelter. We know we can't save every cat, but we know that for the ones we have saved from euthansia we have at least made a difference in their lives. We (as Catsters) are all aware of the euthanasia rates for homeless adult cats. Indeed many of the cats in this community are shelter adopted. While I can understand the desperation that caused the posting of this cat (What better place to announce an urgent adoption need than a community of cats. {and their humans}) I too must echo with the cats above me and add my own thoughts that - With only 4 hours left for this cat, it was not really fair to come on here, make a profile, write the information to it and a thread and then remove it. That all took time. Time that Diane didn't have, and I can't help but wonder what other proactive measures could have been taken in that time.
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 16 July, 2008
    This has been a very upsetting thread . . . from both sides . . . and there just wasn\'t enough time. :(( . . . so we shall gently close this thread . . . . with Purrs and Love, Athena|:|
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 16 July, 2008
    Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Catster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ