Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

My Water

Jackie GreenhausJackie Greenhaus South AmboyMember Posts: 14
edited 18 August, 2008 in Kitten Corner
I love water! My mommy fills my bowl every day with new water and all I want to do is knock it over and splash around in it. Is there something my mommy can buy to curb this habit I have? She is getting awfully mad at me for getting water all over the floor!

Comments

• Thea PowellThea Powell Member Posts: 852
    edited 14 August, 2008
    Hi BAM BAM, HAS MOMMY GIVEN YOU A BATH YET??? I LOVE TO PLAY WITH WATER TO SPLASH IT AND I LOVE THE SOUND OF FALLING WATER TOO. WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I WOULD MAKE A BIG MESS NOW THOUGH NOT SO MUCH. AND I ALSO GO OUT SIDE A LOT AND PLAY WITH THE WATER THERE TOO. JUST TELL MOMMY TO BE PATIEN AND LET YOU GROW OUT OF IT. ALSO I LOST A LOT OF THE FUN OF WATER AFTER MOMMY BATHED ME A FEW TIMES. :-h
  • Christina SampsonChristina Sampson BostonMember Posts: 37
    edited 15 August, 2008
    i do that too. i love water. mommy has a special bowl that won't tip over but i put my paws in and splash the water all over the floor. it's driving mommy crazy. she has a big mess to clean up all the time. and she's worried that my big brother sidney doesn't get to drink any water because i splash it all out of the bowl. mommy has to keep the toilet lid closed because i will jump in. mommy says that's yucky. she has to keep the door closed because i try to jump in when she's sitting there. she says that's really yucky. mommy has tried to break the habit by letting me play in the tub. she fills up the tub with water (after a good cleaning) and lets me jump in and play with all my toys. i would stay in there forever if she would let me. i splash around and get totally soaked. i play with my toys and drink the water. but i still splash all the water from my bowl every day. i only drink a little. the rest ends up on the floor. mommy talked to the lady that was the foster parent for me and my family. the other kittens all did it too.
  • karen andersonkaren anderson small town siamesevilleMember Posts: 5,514
    edited 16 August, 2008
    Yes......I did that too when I was a kitten.....I have luved water sooo much ever since.....I have even been known to sit in the guest bathroom & flush the commode just to watch the water.....yes, now furmom has to keep all the lids down...etc.....my furmom found a nice heavy water bowl fur me to use....that keeps it from tipping over when she smacks at it....we also put water in the bathtub every once in awhile to let her play in there.....Winnie's so crazy about water that she will jump right into a running shower...; 0 ) We have also played with her using a sink, letting the water run & allowing her to play wif the water there & giving her tons of praise when she does...when she was smaller & started playing in her water bowl...we just said no no to her & turned on the water somewhere else to allow her to play there...she somehow understood this ......I know what you mean about the worry that the other kitty won't have water when they need it (although Winnie is an only cat)........maybe your's will grow out of it or transfer the fascination to water in other places as Winnie did. (Funny thing...Winnie now has a furbling who's a doggie...she WILL NOT touch his water bowl....will not go near it? go figure).....hang in there...it should get better in time.
  • P IngramP Ingram EaganMember Posts: 7,400
    edited 18 August, 2008
    In our house it is Chester who loves water. Not only does he like to play in it, he feels all his toys should play in it, so we regularly have to fish toys out of his water dish. The funniest was when he put the new Yeooowwwyyy sardine in the dish and made himself some catnip tea (grossest color ever). His antics were definitely impacting Winnie, and her not having clean water to drink, so I went and got a cat-it fountain for her and put it in another room. I still leave Chessy's water bowl out and he uses that for play time, toy baths and tea making, but they also have clean water for drinking. It seemed to work well. I specifically got the cat-it fountain for the way the water rolls over the dome, I figured that would be less enticing than the falling water of some of the other models