I like Q-Tips..are they bad for me?

Mike TerraccianoMike Terracciano StreamwoodMember Posts: 24
edited 25 July, 2006 in Cat Health
I love playing with Q-Tips. I put them in my mouth and nibble on the cotton. Is this harmful to me if I should eat some cotton?? Should my mom and dad not let me play with Q-Tips anymore??

Comments

• jennifer viscontijennifer visconti queensMember Posts: 2,157
    edited 25 July, 2006
    Hi! I LOVE Q - TIPS TOO! Aren't they delicious!?! Search the groups - I believe there is a group dedicated to cats that love Q-tips! Mom used to worry about me eating cotton too, but I really don't swallow it - I just munch on them to death and make them all soggy...do you swallow the cotton part? Now Mom is all worried again...I am going to go find that group and see what they say!
  • Helen ShapiroHelen Shapiro fair lawnMember Posts: 63
    edited 25 July, 2006
    It's not eating cotton I am worried about you put possibly swallowing the stick or a portion thereof and it lodging itself in your throat. Q-Tips are not a good idea!!
  • Melanie BenoitMelanie Benoit CochraneMember Posts: 3,101
    edited 25 July, 2006
    The dangerous part of the Q-tips is the stick. The cotton part is not. If you can use cotton balls to remove spiky things from the dogs stomach I really doubt that can hurt a cat as well. Just be carefull when you play with the stick tough.