lunch on the bed

momina farazmomina faraz Member Posts: 1
edited 25 July, 2006 in Cat Health
my cat kishoo (5 months old ) is in the habbit of bringing his food ( chicken feet ) on the bed and then eating it up ,which makes the place a mess.I ve tried to change this habbit of his but every time he brings the food on the bed n eats it up Can any one tell me how to take care of it .

Comments

• Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 25 July, 2006
    Aren't we annoying yet amusing at times?! Can you shut the bedroom door during meal times?
  • BruceTheBossBruceTheBoss Winslow, BuckinghamshireMember Posts: 37,079 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 July, 2006
    We agree with Benjamin, we think you should perhaps try shutting the bedroom door or confining Kish to one room just during eating time, then hopefully Kish will get out of the habit of bringing chicken feet to the bed!!! Kish obviously wants to share the chicken with you....he he he.

Bruce The Boss

• Yipee LadybugYipee Ladybug Member Posts: 3,805
    edited 25 July, 2006
    ....and I thought *I* was bad for bringing all my favourite toys to my mommy's and daddy's bed for sharing and protection of *my* toys! I would agree to at least close the bedroom door, but better still is confine them to the area (if you can) to the room they should be taking their meals, so that they (eventually) learn to eat in one spot.
  • Elizabeth RubioElizabeth Rubio AustinMember Posts: 51
    edited 25 July, 2006
    I agree that shutting the bedroom door is a good idea, but I think trying to confine a cat to one room while he/she eats is just not going to work. I don't know about you, but I like to eat tiny nibbles over a long period of time, sometimes all day. I think a lot of cats eat slowly like this. Also, many cats take their food away from the dish to eat it. I always pick up a little bit of food in my mouth then drop it just beyond the edge of the plate. This makes a huge mess on the floor, but, luckily, hardwood is easy to clean. What I would suggest for you is that your human sit with you while you eat for a while. You may be feeling some anxiety, and that could cause you to want to move your food to a place you feel is comfortable and safe. Having someone there with you while you eat might start to make you feel better about having your food where it is. If that doesn't work, also consider moving the dish. You may dislike the place where you are being fed, and simply move your food to get away from it. Is your food near something too hot? Too cold? Too loud? Too stinky? All of these will drive you away.