Vet says she\'d be comfortable spaying Velcro

edited 27 August, 2008 in Cat Health
Velcro went in for her re-evaluation yesterday, the vet said she looked "one hundred times better" regarding herpes than the last time she came in; we think it was a combination of the antibiotics, diet, lysine, and the fact that we moved out our two drama queen renters---which was hard because the one was blood related family and the police refused to help when my mother said she wanted to evict them because they were causing serious problems. The vet said that she has very little congestion and that the herpes may very well be dormant now. I'm still going to see if the shelter will do it because a friend of mine paid to have her altered, and I don't want to waste her money. It's not about the cost of a spay since my income has improved now, it's that I don't want my friend thinking she's been ripped off. Though if the humane society won't do it I'll be sending a money order for the cost of the spay at the shelter to my friend and then have her spayed through VCA animal hospital, which is where her vet works.

Comments

• edited 22 August, 2008
    Oh, her vet also found absolutely no fleas, eggs or flea dirt on her! The frontline Plus and capstar combination are working, so that's what I'm going to go with from now on.
  • Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    edited 22 August, 2008
    Thats great news!
  • Cassandra NoneCassandra None Member Posts: 406
    edited 22 August, 2008
    Fan-tabulous! Keep us posted on all the events - please!!
  • Marta GasperMarta Gasper FairburyMember Posts: 636
    edited 22 August, 2008
    We are sooooo happy fur you and fur your Mom Velcro~a~
  • Janet PlymireJanet Plymire IllinoisMember Posts: 344
    edited 23 August, 2008
    ;c; Yeah ;c; All your hard work and perseverance has finally paid off. You have been in a very difficult situation, but I give you credit for sticking by Velcro and doing everything you could to help her. Thank you for not giving up on her. I\'ll keep purring for both of you to be happy and healthy. Let us know when Velcro\'s going in for her spay so we can send extra purrs her way. |:|
  • janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 23 August, 2008
    Yay--I know your whole household is happier now, and Velcro will be too after her spay. Now hurry up and make that appointment before anything else goes nuts! ;)
  • Lissa NicholsonLissa Nicholson SydneyMember Posts: 1,562
    edited 23 August, 2008
    That's great news. Please let us know when she goes in, so we can join in purring for her quick recovery!:)
  • Kat WhickerKat Whicker ToledoMember Posts: 1,695
    edited 23 August, 2008
    glad to hear
  • naomi codynaomi cody Charm CityMember Posts: 537
    edited 23 August, 2008
    THAT'S PAWSOME!!!!%:D% we're glad there's a light at the end of this tunnel. now both you and your mommy's stress level will go way down. now if mom could get rid of that unwanted pet MOL:))! i'm sure it would be complete:D
  • edited 27 August, 2008
    Sorry for taking so long to get logged in and post; I have already called the vets at the humane society--who a friend of mine paid in advance unbeknownst to me at the time--and left a message so we can set up an exact date. I still don't get paid for a few days yet though. In other news I think I may have helped my younger brother make the decision to neuter his cat.
  • Vanessa BobackVanessa Boback TampaMember Posts: 3,149
    edited 27 August, 2008
    I'm so glad you have found your way out of that bad situation. What a relief!! Lets hope everything from now on goes smoothly! |:|
  • Maggie BradshawMaggie Bradshaw Member Posts: 506
    edited 27 August, 2008
    that is such great news !you and your kitty have had so much drama! you deserve some peace and quiet.
  • Beth CostaBeth Costa Stoneham, MAMember Posts: 252
    edited 27 August, 2008
    Yay Velcro (and Mommy!) You'll be back to yourself in no time after the surgery. ~a~