Flea Spray Reaction?

Nadine CookNadine Cook South SalemMember Posts: 3
edited 7 August, 2006 in Cat Health
We've had a problem with fleas this year and I got a flea spray from my vet to use on the carpet. I sprayed my office and as I was leaving, Julius (kitty) came out of the closet, so he must have been sprayed. I took him to the vet, and his temp. & heartrate are normal, and he's been eating and using the box. But, he's been very lethargic and basically acting like an old kitty....a little unstable on his feet and sleeping in the closet all day. Any thoughts on what I can do to help him out?

Comments

• Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 27 July, 2006
    Has the house had time to air out? Hopefully the closet isn't to "stuffy" w/ the flea treatment. Watch him and if he is not improving by tomorrow, give your vet a call and give them an update. MAke sure at the very least he is drinking water today (don't be concerned (today) if he's not interested in food). Hope all turns out well. rRemember, DO NOT hesitate to call your vet or an ER vet if the situation changesd or you just don't feel right about something. Always err on the side of caution.
    edited 28 July, 2006
    Orange Julius...Are you doing better today. I hope you have come out of the closet and are acting more like yourself. Please let us know how you are doing.
  • Celeste EvansCeleste Evans HobartMember Posts: 181
    edited 29 July, 2006
    oh no I hope you're ok now?????
    edited 29 July, 2006
    Here is an email update I got from Orange Julius yesterday. Sounds like he is on the mend. Thank you so much for your concern! I came out of the closet twice last night. Once to sit on Mom's lap and watch t.v. and once in the middle of the night to join her in bed. I've been eating, drinking and using my litter box. I'm not quite "back" yet, but I think I'm on my way. Don't worry. If there's any back sliding, Mom will whisk me off to the vet.
  • MouseMouse Near Camborne,Member Posts: 43,591 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 July, 2006
    Good news. Thanks for the up date Hunter. PURRS. The Cornish crew.
  • Celeste EvansCeleste Evans HobartMember Posts: 181
    edited 7 August, 2006
    Phew what a relief!! Thanks for the update Hunter :)
  • BruceTheBossBruceTheBoss Winslow, BuckinghamshireMember Posts: 37,079 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 August, 2006
    Thanks Hunter, praying and purring he continues to improve. Keep us posted.

Bruce The Boss