RVing with your kitties

Megan CMegan C St GeorgeMember Posts: 115
edited 18 June, 2005 in Cats & Travel
My adoptive Mom and Dad are thinking of RVing full time as a way of life and taking me along for the ride. So far I'm up for anything so I think it'd be fun. Anyone else take their kitties along for part or full time RV trips?

Comments

• Libbi Staab BoerschigLibbi Staab Boerschig LouisvilleMember Posts: 48
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mommy and daddy just have a small pop up camper now but daddy says when money gets a little better, he will buy a travel trailor that I can have my own place for a kitty box. I can't wait to go bye bye with them for their weekend camping trips. Meowieeee!!!
  • Sally WrightSally Wright DenverMember Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My great aunt used to do this with all of her animals. The last one was a cat and they spent months on the road. He'd been conditioned for it since he was a kitten, but after seeing how Kenya did on the road as a 5 year old and never being on the road, I think it's totally possible. Good luck, have fun, and take lots of pictures! :)
  • Sally WrightSally Wright DenverMember Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Ok, I just realized that you're only 2 months old. PERFECT age for starting this!
  • Jessica DoeringJessica Doering PhoenixMember Posts: 35
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My grandma and grandpa have an RV! I've been in it, but never while it was moving. It's big. I loved car rides so much when I was your age! I bet you would have fun.
  • Amber LionAmber Lion Member Posts: 6
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My Mom and Dad have a Class A, 30 foot RV and they take Mina and I with them all the time! I love that big dashboard. Mina prefers to look out the side windows so I usually have that big front window seat all to myself.
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    ATTENTION! We interrupt this thread for an important announcement! Brought to you by Felix. Through me. Meow there, fellow Catsters... We -- my buddy Jacques and myself -- are trying to help out our friend Sweetie. Sweetie is a delightfully charming cat who loves to play matchmaker...only she hasn't yet found a match for herself. So, to help Sweetie find the cat of her dreams, Jacques and I are hosting the first ever "Cat-lorette." If you're up for the challenge of winning Sweetie's heart, be one of the first 25 cats to sign up in the "Sweetie" thread under Catster crushes. All "rules" will be explained there. There, you'll also have the chance to meet Sweetie, and get a sense of what she's looking for in a crush. Good luck to all, and look forward to meeting you in Sweetie's thread! Meow, Felix