Bathing?

Megan CMegan C St GeorgeMember Posts: 115
edited 21 June, 2005 in Grooming
Do you bathe yourself by tongue or does your human bathe you in addition? I've been getting baths and I handle them fairly well so far. I know it makes Mom happy because as a kitten I get into a lot of yucky messes. I'd swear I posted this topic a day or so ago but maybe I forgot to hit submit, I don't see it up.

Comments

• April SinclairApril Sinclair PhoenixvilleMember Posts: 6
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I bathe myself, but my mommy feels the need to bathe me about once a month in the dreaded tub! I don't really like getting baths, I don't mind the whole getting clean part, it's just the water that scares me.
  • Patty DonicaPatty Donica BristolMember Posts: 335
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I bathe myself and provide my family with lots of laughs when I try to get to those hard to reach places, especially my chest and my hind legs - they say it looks like I'm doing yoga! I'm an indoor cat but my mommy does take me to the groomers once a year to make me even more handsome!
  • Patty DonicaPatty Donica BristolMember Posts: 335
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Ooops....I forgot to mention that my mommy also loves to use this mitten with nubby things on it to help groom me - I looooove the way that feels and I have fun attacking the thumb part just when she leasts expects it - hee hee
  • Megan CMegan C St GeorgeMember Posts: 115
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Merlin that sounds cute, I usually stand up on my hind legs to lick my harder to reach places. My human's joke that I go into my little bear stance. My Mom will have to check out those grooming glove thingies. They sound fun.
  • Daisy GeaslandDaisy Geasland GlendaleMember Posts: 1,438
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I love baths 'cause I love water but then she gets that horrid shampoo I wish she woulden't i love laying in my baths
  • Cynthia StichCynthia Stich Member Posts: 762
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I only had one bath in my like - it was the worst!!!! (There are pictures on my page of THE BATH LOLOL) Don't think my mom will try it again soon!
  • Missy PottsMissy Potts ConnersvilleMember Posts: 201
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I bath myself, but since I\'m on the plump side I have a hard time reaching everywhere. So, mommy gives me baths, I\'m not really fond of them, but if Dad stays in the room with us I don\'t get quite so nervous! Mommy calls it tag team bathing. hehehe I always feel better after a bath but I\'ll NEVER admit it to mommy!
  • Christina WilsonChristina Wilson Carson city/Dayton, NevadaMember Posts: 924
    edited 27 February, 2006
    BATH??? :::ears perk up::: I love Bathsssssss...I do bath my self but I LOVEEEEE getting baths from my momma...I also try to jump into my human kiddo baths with them I"M telling ya ILOVVVEEEEE WATER AND BATHS!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    ::::::QUIVERS::::::: Salem my dear cousin you are sooo strange.. but then again my brother loves baths too..I just don't get it
    edited 27 February, 2006
    SHHHHH...I sneak in to the bathtub RIGHT after my mom gets done taking a shower..ohh the fun Ohhand yes I clean my self tooo!
  • Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi Sierra, I'm with you...This lady cleans herself just fine, thank you. You poor soul....your bath pix ...hehehehehehe Better you than me! Meow, Felica
  • Stuart AsbelStuart Asbel The Shellies Memorial Home forMember Posts: 3,367
    edited 27 February, 2006
    As the Cary Grant of **** cats I only bathe myself--several times a day if necessary--to maintain my blinding glow. My parents would never be foolish enough to attempt to bathe me. That would mean certain death--for them. I have worked for years to perfect my cleaning rituals, and I\'ll be shaved bald before a human attempts to gild my lily with a bath. What am I saying?!?! Put that razor away, I was only kidding. Instead of being shaved bald, how \'bout I just poop on your pillow?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Moo, you\'re such an idiot.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh go stuff it in a sack sis! You're just jealous because you don't have the power to blind a Thompson's Gazelle from 50 paces with your fur.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Moo, you've never seen a Thompson's Gazelle!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Have to!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    That was in a book!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    That's not the point.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Do you see what I have to put up with?
  • Chantal DrapeauChantal Drapeau MontrealMember Posts: 17
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Haha you guys are funny. I had only one bath in my life, and mommy said that she would never do it again (it was horrible...) I clean myself and I smell good anyway, so everything\'s good.
  • Ashleigh JonesAshleigh Jones Middle of NowhereMember Posts: 92
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I bathe myself, because I love to look my best for the ladies. Meow!!!
  • Erin HagzanErin Hagzan Kings ParkMember Posts: 19
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I loooooooooove getting baths from my Mommy! I love water. I always jump in tubs full of water, even if they aren\'t for me. I also lay in the tub when there is no water.
  • Neil McHenryNeil McHenry LiverpoolMember Posts: 3
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Daddy says the hospital bills are too great for me to get bathed....
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    ATTENTION! We interrupt this thread for an important announcement! Brought to you by Felix. Through me. Meow there, fellow Catsters... We -- my buddy Jacques and myself -- are trying to help out our friend Sweetie. Sweetie is a delightfully charming cat who loves to play matchmaker...only she hasn't yet found a match for herself. So, to help Sweetie find the cat of her dreams, Jacques and I are hosting the first ever "Cat-lorette." If you're up for the challenge of winning Sweetie's heart, be one of the first 25 cats to sign up in the "Sweetie" thread under Catster crushes. All "rules" will be explained there. There, you'll also have the chance to meet Sweetie, and get a sense of what she's looking for in a crush. Good luck to all, and look forward to meeting you in Sweetie's thread! Meow, Felix