KITTY GRAVY

Laura WardLaura Ward KingstreeMember Posts: 360
edited 19 November, 2008 in Food & Nutrition
Does anyone have a kitty gravy recipe for ma! We like to lick gravy off of canned food and won't eat the food. Do you have a recipe ma can make?

Comments

• Tara WTara W St. PaulMember Posts: 939
    edited 19 November, 2008
    Sure! We call it "soup" here, but I bet you'd like it too. We are fed a raw diet and 10% of our diet needs to be organ meats. However... no one is much of a fan of organs, so every Sunday night we get organ soup. Take any raw meat (chicken, turkey, pork, etc. etc.), an egg or two (the whole thing... shell and all), some liver (chicken, beef, lamb, whatever) and blend it all up. There ya go! Soup! It's delicious and nutritious. Back when we were really picky our girl would add a jar of turkey baby food to help entice us to eat it. Now we don't need that silly baby food! It's all meat for us!
  • Sherry StoneSherry Stone Member Posts: 526
    edited 19 November, 2008
    Thanks, Khina! My ferret friends have a similar version of raw soupies. I was wondering if the kitty version would be any different. They have: meat(any kind), liver, heart, water or low sodium broth. They love it, and so do I:D
  • Tara WTara W St. PaulMember Posts: 939
    edited 19 November, 2008
    My cats and ferrets are on essentially the same diet. Only the quantities differ. It makes it so much easier to feed everyone turkey one meal and pork the next or whatever. Khina was my first challenge with eating organs and then once I switched the ferrets... well, they seem to despise liver and kidney (those are the only two I've offered so far. not easy to find organs.). So now they get one meal of soup a week so I know that everyone is getting their organs.
  • Sherry StoneSherry Stone Member Posts: 526
    edited 19 November, 2008
    Great idea! Thanks:D