Litter box breath

Katy CoulterKaty Coulter Cats U.S.AMember Posts: 77
edited 12 December, 2008 in Grooming
Hi everyone, Kali has very bad breath which is so bad that it semlls like her litter box. Is there anything we can do to make her breath smell better?

Comments

• Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 October, 2008
    Talk to your vet. Halitosis can be a symptom of a serious medical problem. Once that's been ruled out, you can decide how to treat it. Cats with Bad Breath
  • Stephanie NikolaiStephanie Nikolai Member Posts: 355
    edited 27 October, 2008
    Pepper had (still does a bit) bad breath, it turned out she had some dental problems that were probably pretty painful. Also started biting more than usual... If she seems otherwise ok, you can probably bring it up at your yearly exam... but if you suspect there might me more going on you should probably bring her in... some of those diseases are painful
  • Katy CoulterKaty Coulter Cats U.S.AMember Posts: 77
    edited 27 October, 2008
    Hi evfurryone, I was checked out by the docs at the Animal Rescue League in Boston before Meowmy and Daddy officially adopted me and they said I was fine. I do tend to bite Meowmy and Daddy but when Meowmy tells me to please stop I do. Daddy asks me I just look at him and do it again anyway lol. But Meowmy thinks I get over excited and thats why I bite and has been very patient in working with me on this. So I wont bite Daddies Grand kids when they come over to get their Christmas gifts this year.
  • Chrysee HinshawChrysee Hinshaw Member Posts: 474
    edited 28 October, 2008
    Well your profile says your cat was adopted in August, so she may have been perfectly healthy then. If she hasn't been to a vet since, I would take her again to rule out a medical problem. Dental problems that lead to bad breath in cats can be very serious and painful.
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 12 December, 2008
    I would definately take her to a vet and get her checked out. I would ask for blood work to see if there is an underlying prob. :):):):D:D:D