Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Wake Mommy Up by BITING

Xiomara IrizarryXiomara Irizarry Member Posts: 2
edited 15 December, 2008 in Behavior & Training
Hi, I am Princess. I rule this empire I live on. And I am a genius, since I open faucets, doors, cabinets, etc. Lately I learned a new trick I want to share with you. Wake mommy up at 4:57am by biting her shoulder or elbow, or hands, even nose. She yells, but then she wakes up walks me to the kitchen onley to find my bowl with enough food. I just think she needs to wake up, I mean she normally wakes up at 5:00am, why would she want does last 3 mins for? I am more important than sleep, even if it is Saturday. Mommy: HELP! Princess has always been waking me up early by pulling my hair, jumping on my belly or just patting my face. But this biting thing is too much. I have her teeth marked in my shoulder right now. She is normally adorable, and playful. I hate having to yell at her in the morning. I wish it would just stop. Keeping her out of the room is not much of an option, it brakes my heart and her daddy's to hear her cry. Has anyone experience this?

Comments

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    edited 15 December, 2008
    Well, Princess doesn\'t really understand that it\'s 4:57AM and that you will be getting up anyway at 5:00AM. What she DOES know is that when she acts like that, she gets the reward of having you get up and pay attention to her. You trained her without even trying! Izzie likes to hunt bedmice, especially the ones on Daddy\'s feet. And it\'s usually at 3AM. Unfortunately, even though he is a warm little kitty body and Mommy appreciates this on these cold Cleveland, Ohio nights, this behavior gets Iz thrown out of the bedroom every time he does it. If Princess is biting so hard she\'s leaving marks, that\'s not acceptable. Seriously. Cat bites are nasty things. You may have to steel yourself to her cries and put her out of the bedroom. It does stop. She\'ll find other \"heck\" to raise throughout the house when she\'s on her own out there. Make sure you put all your breakables away. ~a~