I will not let Mommy go to bed....

Kara DickmanKara Dickman Middle of No WhereMember Posts: 2,283 ✭✭
edited 22 December, 2008 in Behavior & Training
Mommy has a new bed time routine. She goes to be and I cry outside her door. Taking me with her to bed doesn't work. Plus, the second she goes to bed I expect her to pet me. Why :?

Comments

• Thea PowellThea Powell Member Posts: 852
    edited 22 December, 2008
    Hi Liberty, I don't know why as there is not much info provided. Has somthing else changed? You said Mommy has a new routine can she go back to the old one? Tell mommy that the only way for you to stop is to ignore you completely!!! She might have a week or two of sleepless nights but after that you should be OK.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    edited 22 December, 2008
    I agree with Gosmot. You didn't provide much information. Here on the forums, you can say as much as you want. Unlike the Answers Board, you aren't limited to 1000 words. Chances are your kitty is lacking something, most likely affection. If you've started a new job and you're going to bed earlier or maybe coming home too tired to play, he just wants attention. If he's never been closed out of the bedroom before and now he is, it's kind of like telling you that now you have to leave your warm, comfortable space and go sleep on the tree lawn. Please post with more information and we'll try to help!
  • Diane WallineDiane Walline Hamlin (suburb of Rochester)Member Posts: 500
    edited 22 December, 2008
    I was like that when i was a kitten, even with the door shut i would find a way into my pawrents bedroom . They started playing with me a lot before they went to bed and would leave toys outside their door for me to play with. I still "broke in" to their room ( it doesnt lock) . They would just ignore me if i whined for attention and if i started doing pitter patter on them they would put me on the floor. Eventually mom put an old body pillow at the bottom of the bed. Ever since that first night When they go to bed, I go with them and i lay on the body pillow. My pawrents also found that an automatic feeder going off at 5am prevented me from having to wake them up begging for food. Im 3 now but sometimes i still wake them up in the middle of the night to cuddle, or because i want to lay under the blanket with them.
  • Kara DickmanKara Dickman Middle of No WhereMember Posts: 2,283 ✭✭
    edited 22 December, 2008
    I started her new bed time routine with my crying :-#. Nothing has changed in this house. The bed routine is the same since September except the crying something she started in the last month. It goes like this: On Sub-q nights (I have CRF) about 30 minutes before Mommy goes to bed she gives me my fluids.Otherwise she just gives me my blood pressure pill. Then she either reads or watches TV while she waits for me be ready for her to scratch my head. She scratches my head for as long as I want. She goes to bed shortly there after. I just do not want her to go to bed. If she sleeps on the sofa I never cry :?. Any ideas?
  • Tara WTara W St. PaulMember Posts: 939
    edited 22 December, 2008
    Maybe now that she's on raw and feeling better she just wants more playtime?
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 December, 2008
    It might help if your mom adjusts the rest of your routine to fit her new schedule. For instance, if she's going to bed an hour earlier, feeding times should also be made an hour earlier and if you have regular play times or cuddle times, they should also be adjusted by an hour. It might be less confusing to you that way.:-k