\\\"Emergency Cleaning\\\" after being pet

Stephanie JohnsonStephanie Johnson Member Posts: 556
edited 10 January, 2009 in Behavior & Training
My husband has coined the term \"emergency cleaning\" in our house because whenever he pets Isabelle, _without fail_ she has to immediately and vigorously clean the areas he has touched!! :))! Doesn\'t matter if he has lotion on, clean hands, dirty hands, etc. She just HAS to clean. I think it\'s hilarious because it\'s only with him that she has to do this. I pet her a LOT and no cleaning involved (only the standard ritualized cleaning before napping or turning in for bed at night). Anybody else out there have a compulsive cleaner after being pet? :))

Comments

• Diane WallineDiane Walline Hamlin (suburb of Rochester)Member Posts: 500
    edited 5 January, 2009
    Not all the time, but usually at least once a day, wherever we touch the cats, they immediatly lick, or will lick our hand. Both cats do it, more so to my boyfriend than me though. It doesnt matter if we are fresh out of the shower or dirty. Harley seems to do it more if his hair isnt laying flat and straight after you touch him. Jewel usually just licks your hand as your trying to pet her.
  • JL GrummerJL Grummer Member Posts: 24
    edited 10 January, 2009
    The skin of the human males have a different scent than a womens. It has to do with phermones and palm sweat. Have him change his soap to a natural soap...like Aubrey Orgainics...Try that..If that doesn't work..>Then it is the males natural chemistry in question and not his grooming. Some cats just prefer one gender over the other.