Moving a blind pet to new location w/other pets

Juanita DuncanJuanita Duncan BurbankMember Posts: 3
edited 16 January, 2009 in Behavior & Training
I own 2 cats that hate each other oh well, but I manage to keep the peace. One Cat is female aka Miss Sally Cat and the male aka Frankie, is blind. I have to move soon into a home with another very dominant male cat and a older very large dog. I will not be home in the day very much due to work now and am terrified on how these animals will get along plus I need to help the blind cat re-adjust? Oh goodness any advice... thank you

Comments

• Juanita DuncanJuanita Duncan BurbankMember Posts: 3
    edited 16 January, 2009
    :-h Hey does anyone have some suggestions for this???
  • Stephanie DejanStephanie Dejan Des PlainesMember Posts: 4,239
    edited 16 January, 2009
    If you can, I would give the blind cat a room of his own for at least a week. Do the introductions slowly with the other animals, under your supervision only, and once he is comfortable with the other pets he can start roaming about with supervision. You don't want him panicking when the dog comes by and scooting under furniture he can't find his way out of. Do your cats sleep with you? If so, your bedroom might be the obvious place to close him in, especially if you can manage roughly the same furniture arrangement you have now.