GOOD NEWS

Thea PowellThea Powell Member Posts: 852
edited 26 January, 2009 in Behavior & Training
This is for anyone who has been following my story. As you see I'm no longer "Adoptable =(". This is because I'm starting to behave myself more. I've almost completely have stopped picking on Forest in fact I'm sleeping with him right now. Yes Gosmot and me still have our "I'm the king of the castle" battles but I mostly loose. Mom is giving me more attention when she is home and she seperates me when I'm bad. Mom says that I am the most difficult and highstrung cat she has ever had but as long as I am behaving and not beating up my brothers there is no reason form me to go live somewhere else. It's taken 4 months of the thoughest training but at least I've finally got it.:-h

Comments

• Toby_AragornToby_Aragorn Garden GroveMember Posts: 43,438 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 January, 2009
    That is GREAT news Desert! There's nothing like a furever home! I had a rough beginning, too, but have adjusted REALLY WELL! Just remember, it's better to have brofurs and sisfurs than to be alone!
  • Jason YoungbergJason Youngberg WheatonMember Posts: 251
    edited 25 January, 2009
    That's great news! It's hard to find homes for kittehs these days. I know. This foster kitten has been here for over 5 months now. She's so annoying! She doesn't give me my space and since she's armed and I was declawed by my ex-family, I'm the one who has to run away. How did your meowmy get you to stop fighting with your sibs?
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 25 January, 2009
    That is wonderful news! Like Lena said, it's probably harder for most pets to find home given how bad things have gotten everywhere...
  • Thea PowellThea Powell Member Posts: 852
    edited 26 January, 2009
    Hi Lena, My mom "Grounded" me. Acctually she tried many many many things. She still has to watch me very carfully though because at any time I can "Freak out" but I've been diagnosed as Insane. Pretty much though she put me in my own room everyday (with food, water, litter, toys, scratching posts and 3d space - of course). Then she put each of us in our own room while she was gone and then she "rotated" us to a new room every week. When she was home we were alowed to "mingle". Mom thinks this coupled with making us indoor only (which also eased a lot of her stress). The biggest change came though when mom rescued our new Headgehog. When I was a kitten and first came home we had a headgehog. Maybe I just missed my friend flower alot. I still can't go near him as he has mites (another 3 days) but I see him when mom gives him a bath or takes him out to "socialize" him a bit. :-h
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    edited 26 January, 2009
    Somehow we just knew that you\'d be staying put, Desert! But it\'s good to hear that we were right, anyway!