Norman died suddenly today!

Barbara RampBarbara Ramp PasadenaMember Posts: 8
I am crying as I write this. Norman our beloved fur child died suddenly today. He had no health issues that were apparent. He died so suddenly that he did not make it to the vet less than a mile away. We are shocked and devastated. What am I going to do without my sweet loving boy? http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=131512

Comments

• melissa muttermelissa mutter West ChesterMember Posts: 10,189
    edited 16 September, 2009
    Rest in peace Norman. Watch over your people, you will be missed very much.
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    Our thought are with you and your family during this difficult time. You were well loved and will be missed greatly. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrs - Diego & LuLu
  • Juanita S WoodsJuanita S Woods ColumbusMember Posts: 105
    Watch over your grieving family, Norman, for you are now an angel. My thoughts & prayers are with Norman\'s family.
  • Toba HartmannToba Hartmann Long IslandMember Posts: 1,185
    Welcome home, Norman my friend.
  • Teri SextonTeri Sexton Member Posts: 7,987
    So very sorry to hear this has happened. We are all here if you need to talk. Norman was very loved, and will continue to be.
  • Emily KimmelEmily Kimmel West HollywoodMember Posts: 14
    I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our cat two weeks ago, with more warning than you guys had. Just wanted to let you know we are thinking about you.
  • sharon goffsharon goff Coltishall, Norfolk.Member Posts: 995
    We are so sorry for you. What a shock it must be for you. Its hard enough when they are ill and you have time to prepare....if you can ever prepare. We want to send you our love and support at this very sad time. Thinking of you. Purrrrs and Gentle headbutts from Mr. Snuggles and gang and of course Taz xxxxxxxx and a friendly hug from our mum Sharon
  • Nicole CarrasNicole Carras BrooklynMember Posts: 93
    Condolences from my entire family. All of us Bridge Kitties will take good care of Norman and our Catster families are here for those of you left behind.
  • Courtney casianoCourtney casiano MaryvilleMember Posts: 154
    We will be praying for you and your family during this tough time. -Nikita and the rest of the family
  • Sarah MunroSarah Munro RydeMember Posts: 90
    I left last week too with no warning. Big feline hug for your mummy. Mine knows how you feel.
  • Kerry CrandallKerry Crandall OWINGSVILLEMember Posts: 176
    We are all sorry about your loss, I will look Norman up and invite him over for some tuna,salmon and cream. Our Moms thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • jennifer viscontijennifer visconti queensMember Posts: 2,157
    Please don't worry about Norman anymore. We angel cats will protect him, love him, and keep hime safe. I am so very sorry this happened and all of my family's sympathy goes out to your family. This is a very hard time and we are here if you need us.
  • Rachel HicksRachel Hicks Littleton/DenverMember Posts: 23,738
    I will keep my eyes & paws open for him. I left my mommy too; very suddenly as well. My families hearts & prayers go to you & your family. There are many very comforting & supportive groups here in Catster as well. All our love in this time of sorrow.
  • Anne WhitehurstAnne Whitehurst LongmontMember Posts: 5,024
    Awww, Norman--we're sorry for your humans who had to say goodbye to you so suddenly. But welcome to the Rainbow Bridge where you'll be happy and healthy again! Purrs, Gremlin
  • Molly FinneganMolly Finnegan Spring Lake ParkMember Posts: 36
    Hi Norman\'s family - We recently lost Sasha at the end of last month - we had a week warning that she was sick and was going down hill fast, but it seemed like she was getting better. She slipped away as we were readying her to go to the emergency vet, a mile ride down the road. My heart goes out to you, as the 1st week was difficult for me. I\'ve had many kind notes from catsters and dogsters, which have helped a great deal. I hope this great community comes together for your time in need too. *warm hugs* Sasha\'s mom.
  • cat shepherdcat shepherd KnoxvilleMember Posts: 6,314
    So sorry to hear you had to go to the Bridge so quickly Norman. Purrs and hugs to your family.
  • Missy SmithMissy Smith ErieMember Posts: 1,536
    So very sorry to hear of the loss of your Norman. You are in our thoughts & prayers. xoxoxo ♥
  • Russ DowlingRuss Dowling New Port RicheyMember Posts: 1
    Jynx, Cosmo, Buddy and I are sincerely sorry to hear about the loss of Norman. Our thoughts are with you.
  • Rachel WatschkeRachel Watschke Maple GroveMember Posts: 6
    So sorry for your loss my Babe just went over the Rainbow bridge on Sept 12th so I know how you feel it was very sudden as well. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time.
  • brad summerbrad summer clifton parkMember Posts: 1
    My Tuffey died November 4, 2003, my Junebug died April 12, 2005 and my Suki died January 31, 2006. The pain is still so immense since I have no family other than these gifts from God. the tears flow so easily all the time for me and the only comfort I have is my last cat Sam. I don't know what words to offer you. I can only say I know just how you feel. I am soooo sorry for your loss.
  • Amy CunninghamAmy Cunningham Bucks CountyMember Posts: 63
    I'm so sorry. May you be at peace with your wonderful memories of Norman, knowing that he knows how loved he was while he was here with you. Visit him in your heart. xo
  • Barbara RampBarbara Ramp PasadenaMember Posts: 8
    We want to thank each and every one of you who posted and emailed us. You are very special people and it is good to know someone out there "gets" the kind of grief we are experiencing. Norman was the best cat in the world. No problems, no issues just good stuff. We are aching without him. We have posted an update on his sudden death on his Catster site. Thanks again.
  • Robin BlewRobin Blew San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,063 ✭✭
    We are so, so sorry for the sudden loss of your sweet beloved Norman kitty. I know how hard it was for my Mommy to lose me but she had more warning. We will all be praying and purring for Norman, for you and his whole family and I will welcome him here at the bridge with open paws. love & purrrs, Alice & family - Dexter, Molly, River & Mom Robin
  • Tammy Grey EagleTammy Grey Eagle Member Posts: 5,828
    Awww we are so sorry to hear about Normal!! Poor baby! He was such a handsome fellow and sounded like such a sweetie. I recommend visiting Pet Loss Group. It's a wonderful site to visit and very supportive. God Bless Your Family!
    Norman - I'm glad your parents were able to do an autopsy. My mom is still kicking herself because we never did find the cause of my anemia. She is only some what sure of why I died - (because I didn't have enough red cells to support me). She would have liked to have an autopsy for me to get some answers on why I was sick, but alas she couldn't afford it. As it was she couldn't afford my treatment - at least not the trasnfusion I would have needed to keep living until they really found out what caused the anemia. We ran out of time with the diagnostic blood tests and waiting for the steroids and antibiotics to kick in. I hope your parents find some piece of mind knowing what caused your passing, and that they can get past the "What Ifs" and self blame. Purrs and Snuggles Sasha
    Norman - I'm glad your parents were able to do an autopsy. My mom is still kicking herself because we never did find the cause of my anemia. She is only some what sure of why I died - (because I didn't have enough red cells to support me). She would have liked to have an autopsy for me to get some answers on why I was sick, but alas she couldn't afford it. As it was she couldn't afford my treatment - at least not the trasnfusion I would have needed to keep living until they really found out what caused the anemia. We ran out of time with the diagnostic blood tests and waiting for the steroids and antibiotics to kick in. I hope your parents find some piece of mind knowing what caused your passing, and that they can get past the "What Ifs" and self blame. Purrs and Snuggles Sasha
  • Jan ArmstrongJan Armstrong Member Posts: 6,559
    Norman. Our paws are out for your family. Loosing a pet suddenly brings on a lot of what if\'s and guilt. Our momma is going through that now when the loss of our Echo. You and your have many friends here, on the bridge, and support groups. Don\'t hesitate making contact if you need to talk.
  • edited 16 September, 2009
    Welcome home - it is peaceful here but help your mom at home, this will be hard on her, but time helps and it become less of a wound. Our mom really misses us to this day and while she doesn't know exactly how you feel, she is crying and has some idea. Six, the Angel
  • edited 16 September, 2009
    I crossed over 3 months after my adopted sister, we were both 17 and our mom had us from 6 months and it almost killed her, really, but she has new cats now that are 2 years old already! Norman was making room for all the cats in this world that need a family, like the ones our mom has now. One was on the street when born and the other needed a home badly Seven - the other Angel.
  • Barbara RampBarbara Ramp PasadenaMember Posts: 8
    Thank you all once again for your kind words. It has been such a hard road. We have a seasonal business and we are in HIGH gear right now and all I want to do is rest and grieve my sweet Norman. He was the PERFECT KITTY. He was a dreambaby. Thanks Norman, for giving us 10 years of joy. I miss you, Mister. Norman\'s Mom