I need your guys suggestions on this one, I'm going ot start to pull my hair out soon.
My boyfriend ( and his medium sized dog)moved in in November. He accidently stepped on Barrister and the cat ahs decided to be DEATHLY afraid of him since.
Barrister use to run around and play a lot with toys and things, but now all he seems to want to do is hide under the bed. We live in Chicago and its very cold and dry and I've got a lot of dry skin right now, but the BIG issue is that he has a big chunk of hair taken out of his shoulder, one from his head by his eye, and the top parts of his back legs are rubbed raw and one is bleeding, and also ripped one back toe nail out.
more things going on that may help:
- the dogs are not tormenting me, I try to rub on them every once and a while and they may play a little, but they are more interested in eachother.
- I'm not allowed in the bedroom anymore to hide under the bed because Mom thinks thats how my legs got rubbed raw
- I don't want to play
- I scratch posts and things a lot less than I use to
- I'm eating fine and am at a decent weight
- I've started to be vocal again (like before) and will come out from behind the couch at times when dh is around, but still will not play.
Any ideas????? How can I be more comfortable?