I\'ll always love you Darv

Jessica TeasdaleJessica Teasdale Member Posts: 13
I've moved to a remote community and a week ago my boy suddenly couldn't move his back legs. I put him on the first flight out the next morning, and the hospital in Winnipeg picked him up. He had a thrombosis which had shifted and blocked an artery going into his hindquarters and there was nothing to be done. I flew out on the next flight to be with him and hold his paw when they put him down, but he died on his own before I got there. I think that's what makes me the most upset about the whole thing. I put him on that plane on his own and went to work, thinking I would see him that afternoon, even if the decision was to put him down. Now little Hekuba and I are on our own and we miss him so much.

Comments

• melissa muttermelissa mutter West ChesterMember Posts: 10,189
    edited 16 September, 2009
    We are sooooo sorry for your loss. We are sending lots of purrs for you and Hekuba and my brother Winnie and I will meet Darv at the bridge!
  • Missy SmithMissy Smith ErieMember Posts: 1,536
    So sorry to hear about your boy passing to the bridge. You are all in our thoughts & prayers. xoxoxo ♥
  • Robin BlewRobin Blew San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,063 ✭✭
    We are all so so sorry for the loss of your sweet Darv. We are all purrring and praying for him and for you and Hekuba. We know you will miss him terribly now that he's gone to the Bridge. purrrrs, Dexter, Molly, River, Alice at the Bridge and Mom Robin