1 January 2006 - 2 Cats, 12 September 2006 - No Cats

Sarah MunroSarah Munro RydeMember Posts: 90
At the start of the year I was looking forward to celebrating my 16th birthday with my sister. Unfortunately my darling sister Penny passed away on 3 March 2006. Since that time, although I've missed her, I've loved being the only cat of the house. However, today, while mummy and daddy were at work, I got so tired and I laid down behind the lounge, tucked my paw under my leg like I so often do and went to sleep. Sorry mummy and daddy that I left while you were out but I couldn't bare to see the sadness on your face that you went through when you had to take Penny to the vet and she never came home. I love you mummy and daddy and thank you so much for 16 wonderful years.

Comments

• Dawn MelbourneDawn Melbourne BedfordMember Posts: 69
    edited 16 September, 2009
    Aww kim your post made my mummy cry, have fun at the rainbow bridge. Hope you feel young again now and not so tired.
  • Sarah MunroSarah Munro RydeMember Posts: 90
    Although I was no longer really there, my little body stayed with mummy and daddy overnight. They put me on the lounge in the third bedroom, a favourite place of mine in summer as it stays cool in there. They came and visited me several times during the night and day and then sat with me for my last 45 minutes before the nice lady from Pets at Peace came and got me. She talked about me and my life as she sat there stroking me. My fur was so soft. She then picked me up gently and took me out to her car. Normally I don't like car rides but I know she is taking me where my little body can be made to fit into a little jar, like what happened to my sister Penny, and then will return me to mummy and daddy and spend the rest of my life, on display for all to see, right next to my sister.
  • Dawn MelbourneDawn Melbourne BedfordMember Posts: 69
    Aww :( I hope your ashes are returned to your family soon. I am sure you and Penny are glad to see each other again though
  • Carrie ComerCarrie Comer Page CountyMember Posts: 888
    Kim's Family- I am so sorry for your loss. My Thomas is 16 and I have been trying to prepare myself for this type of event. Your post made me cry. I hope that you find peace little kitty and see lots of freinds at the bridge. Tom and Riley's mom
  • sharon goffsharon goff Coltishall, Norfolk.Member Posts: 995
    Kim we are all sitting crying. You are a very special cat. Your family must be so upset. What a wonderful thing though that they didnt have to do the terrible 'descision'. We have said a prayer for you. Run free at the bridge. We are all sending your family headbutts and purrrs and love. From Mr. Snuggles and gang and of course Taz xxxxxx
  • melissa muttermelissa mutter West ChesterMember Posts: 10,189
    We are also overcome by tears. Mommy cried sooo much when she lost me, then my brother Morey 18 months later. We are here at the Bridge with Penny and Kim now and our ashes are with our Mommy and Daddy. All the best to your people Kim.
    I got Diary of the Day ... it helped mummy feel so much better as does all your sweet comments here. Mummy and daddy are talking about getting a couple more little guys to help them but, would you believe, they can't find any kittens at the moment in any of the shelters. The right ones are out there for them and they will find them soon.
  • Catherine YorkCatherine York LexingtonMember Posts: 154
    We are so so sorry for your mommy's and daddy's loss. My brother Kiki is middle aged (11) and I know Mommy worries about him sometimes. If there are no kittens though, maybe your parents could think about older kitties? I was 2 (or 3) when my Mommy got me but I still act a lot like a kitten:) Just remind your parents that you will always be with them...
  • jennifer viscontijennifer visconti queensMember Posts: 2,157
    My family and I were so moved by your post...I am so happy that you had a peaceful transition to the other side. You sound like a wonderful cat that deserved that. My fellow angel cats welcome you to your new home and will do everything to make you happy. All of our sympathies go out to your family. http://www.catster.com/group/grp_page.php?g=3472 - This is our group, I think you will like it here. :-)
  • Nicole CarrasNicole Carras BrooklynMember Posts: 93
    Your post made me cry as well. At least you and Penny are now together while you wait for the day when you will be reunited with your family. My entire family sends their condolences.
  • Juanita S WoodsJuanita S Woods ColumbusMember Posts: 105
    Kim, all of us are crying for you and your beloved family. Watch over your family, sweet kitty angel.
  • Robin BlewRobin Blew San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,063 ✭✭
    It made my mommy cry too. We are so, so sorry for the loss of Kim - and of Penny. Sweet Kim and Penny are now together at the Rainbow Bridge, running and playing like kittens. But we know you will miss them dreadfully. purrrs and love to you in this difficult time, River & family - Dexter, Molly & Alice at the Rainbow Bridge, and Mom Robin
    Thank you all very much for your kind comments. Mummy and daddy have a new cat and mummy's feeling bad about getting one already ... only a week after I went to the Bridge. She's a pregnant stray who is six months and needed a good home which she has now. Mummy still feels that she is dishonouring my memory by replacing me so quickly but Molly needed a good mummy.
  • Lowell VincentLowell Vincent ChildersburgMember Posts: 219
    I'm saddened to learn of your loss. I lost my little princess, Brandy, on May 3rd. I found her August 18, 1990 and never went a day without seeing her at some point until I lost her. It's so hard now. She was the most loving creature I've ever met.
  • melissa muttermelissa mutter West ChesterMember Posts: 10,189
    I'm sure that somehow Penny and Kim sent this soon to be momma cat to you to help with your grief. They are at the Bridge smiling and proud of their human momma for taking care of this momma cat and her babies!
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    Kim, don't let your mommy think of this new kitty as replacing you, but rather rescuing a kitty in need. I think that you would have wanted that way.