Sake

Gina LaRoseGina LaRose New OrleansMember Posts: 9
I just picked up her ashes from the vet's office. I thought maybe they would put them in a case or something. I never should have opened it. It's horrible seeing my vibrant, energetic, silly kitty reduced to dust. I keep looking around the room expecting to see her. I keep wanting to call out to her to come see me because I am upset, but she's not here anymore. I don't know what to do. I feel like someone has ripped my heart out. I miss her so much. I don't understand why this had to happen. She deserves better than this. I am trying to think of something we can do to memorialize her. I'd like to plant a tree or a nice rose bush or something special for her. I'm sorry, I just needed to get this off my chest.

Comments

• MouseMouse Near Camborne,Member Posts: 43,591 ✭✭✭
    edited 16 September, 2009
    That's quite alright Sake's mom. We all understand how you feel. She was very young and It's really not fair. But she loves you and you love her and she knows that. Love doesn't stop and go away just because the object of that love is no longer around. I think that It's a great idea to plant a rose or a tree or even a little memorial garden for her. That's what I have done for my bridge kitties. And remember that as long as you hold her in your heart she will never be far away. Purrs for you and Sake. The Cornish crew.
  • melissa muttermelissa mutter West ChesterMember Posts: 10,189
    When we had Morey and Winnie creamated at a pet cemetary they offered some nice small wooden boxes where the ashes are placed in the bottom of the ocntainer and there is a nice glass spot on the front to insert a picture. We have matching ones for our boys. My husband warned me not to look at the ashes, but I of course did, and was filled with similar feelings as yours. When my childhood cat and my brother's childhood cat passed I made stones for them out of kits available at craft and some department stores, the kind that are cement and you can press words and mosiac stones and glass into them. My mom buried these cats as she had space and the stones mark their graves. Just some ideas. I love roses and a rose bush sounds very nice too! Take care and paw amil if you need!
  • Vonda NarramoreVonda Narramore Member Posts: 3,081
    Our Mom buried us near our favorite spot, the scrubs in the front yard. She keeps flowers on our graves all year round. There are many things you can do to honor your lost loved one. It helps to talk about them too. I know it makes you cry, but sometimes the tears have a healing effect. I know there are so many memories, even if they were only with you a short time. Funny ones and ones that make you sad. You will never forget your little Sake and the love doesn\'t stop because they are no longer in our sight. Just remember this, Sake will always be with you as long as you keep her in your heart. Here is a poem Mom has on my page. Mom says it fits us to a \"T\". Beyond The Rainbow As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played, I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade. I saw a wondrous image then of a place that\'s trouble-free Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity. I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide! And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be! My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do. I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I\'m alright That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night. \'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold. For although we may not be together in the way we used to be, We are still connected by a cord no eye can see. So whenever you need to find me, we\'re never far apart If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart. Hugs and Purrrrrrs to you and your Mom, Sassy and Pepper