Matted fur

Jeanne MarinoJeanne Marino Hudson FallsMember Posts: 11
edited 28 September, 2006 in Grooming
and I REALLY hate it when my mom brushes me. I get so cranky I usually bite her and then she gets mad and things get ugly. Any tips for a long-haired handsome boy who hates to be brushed?

Comments

• Bonnie SchultzBonnie Schultz MuncieMember Posts: 515
    edited 28 September, 2006
    Still got your claws? Momsie puts a towel over Jazz\'s head when she\'s feeling cranky, to trim or comb. She also puts on jeans, and sits on the floor so she can tuck the ends of the towel under her knees. Sometimes, when Jazz isn\'t so bad, she gives her a fresh catnip mouse to worry, while she sneaks a few swipes with a brush. I like to chew on the brush, so Momsie uses 2, I get to chew, she brushes. When I go for the one she has, we play for a sec. then switch! Boy, do I have her trained! Ollie likes to stand on his back legs, looking over Momsie\'s shoulder while she brushes his back. Hope we helped!
  • Jeanne MarinoJeanne Marino Hudson FallsMember Posts: 11
    edited 28 September, 2006
    Hmmm, I'm not sure if I'll put up with the towel over my head thing but I can be easily distracted sometimes so maybe that will help make grooming time more fun. Thanks for the tips.