Puking Kitty

Jana LovinsJana Lovins AshlandMember Posts: 1
edited 3 October, 2006 in Grooming
Sometimes I puke all of my food up after I eat. Do you think it's because I eat too much? My owner only gives me a half of a cup three times a day. She has even switched the food to see if that helped and it didn't. I still puke.

Comments

• Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 7 September, 2006
    It may be because you eat too fast. I know lots of kitties who eat really fast and then throw up thier food. Most of the time it doesn't even looked chewed. If you think this is the case, you could put a ball in the food dish to slow you down, or try feeding on a cookie sheet or a plate. That way you will only be able to pick up a piece at a time. Or they make this really cool bowl especially for this problem. (the other suggestions are free though :) http://www.brake-fast.net/
  • Teri SextonTeri Sexton Member Posts: 7,987
    edited 7 September, 2006
    I have that problem too, and thanks for the great ideas, Hunter!
  • Jenn DohertyJenn Doherty BethelMember Posts: 1
    edited 3 October, 2006
    I have that problem too....all my food never looks chewed...and it's only sometimes. my mommy gets kinda frustrated when it happens because she's changed the food a bunch of times and I still throw up after I eat...mommy thinks it cuz i eat too fast and she calls me the hoover kitty...how can i slow down my eating???
  • Elizabeth RubioElizabeth Rubio AustinMember Posts: 51
    edited 3 October, 2006
    Bruce, it may just be that you are eating too much too quickly. Like the other kitties said, if your vomit looks like chewed food, that's probably it. But if you throw up when you're not eating, or if you throw up something that doesn't look very similar to what's in the dish, you may have a bigger problem. Does the amount you throw up look like a lot to fit in your tummy, or is it just a bit? You could have an allergy, or a nasty parasite, or a number of other problems. If you seem to be too thin or lethargic, or if your coat has gotten dull, you may want to have your person take you to a vet to be sure you are okay. Don't worry, though. I threw up a lot when I was a kitten because I had a tapeworm. That got fixed a long time ago, but now I throw up a lot because I eat too fast!