Charlie crossed over last night

John LewisJohn Lewis CarmelMember Posts: 19
I had to take my baby to the vet yesterday afternoon at about 4.30pm. When we got there the vet looked her over and said \" I cant fix it this time \" she said charlie had no fluids in her and a large lump in her stomach.I told her i held a cap of water up to her little face and she took 2licks and then threw it up right away.she could not walk hardly could stand .The vet gave her a shot to make her relax and left us alone i told her everything i could and her little face dropped into my hand her little nose was very cold.the vet also said she had had a stroke a small one and that was a good thing because she didnt know anything.well at about 5pm my little one left me untill later down the road when we meet again. THANK YOU ALL FOR CAREING FOR US! I will keep in touch with everyone i still have my little dog milo so ill be here THANK YOU ALL AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! John Lewis CHARLIES DAD

Comments

• MouseMouse Near Camborne,Member Posts: 43,591 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 September, 2006
    We are all so sorry to hear that Charlie went to the bridge last night. You did absolutely everything you could for her and that decision was the last thing you could do to show her how much you loved her. She will never be far from you as long as you hold her in your heart and we know that will be forever. Purrs for you and Charlie who is fit and well again and playing up here with me and the many friends she has made. Pooh and the Cornish crew. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Margie WhitteckMargie Whitteck WilmingtonMember Posts: 2,079
    From our Mama: John, I understand everything you've gone through and know the pain you're in right now. The pain will ease and know that you did the right thing. I know Taylor and Sammy were at the Bridge waiting to greet Charlie. Lucy, Logan, Taylor, Sammy, and Margie (Mama)
  • melissa muttermelissa mutter West ChesterMember Posts: 10,189
    Blessings be with you Charlie and Charlie's dad!
    We are sadened to hear about your loss and at the same time overjoyed to hear what a nice long life you and Chalie had together!
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    I am saddened by your loss. I know how dificult it is to lose a dear friend. You had many wonderful years together, and someday you will be reunited. She is able to run and play nad get all the tuna and catnip one could ever hope for. Take care and remember she is watching over you now.
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    This is from Abbie's mommy: I know how difficult it is to lose a friend. Charlie was so fortunate to have you there with her during her final moments. The love you have given her throughout her whole life - and at the end - helped her go peacefully. I truly believe you will be with her again someday. And because of the love you shared, there will always be part of her with you until then. Allow yourself to grieve and let Milo help you through it. You took such good care of your sweet girl. Take care of yourself now. (And feel free to email me if you want to talk to someone who lost a beloved friend recently.) Jenna (Mommy to Binks, Matilda and an actual human child, Anna)
  • Teri SextonTeri Sexton Member Posts: 7,987
    I know I speak for us all, when I say how it breaks our heart to read this, to feel the love and sorrow in your words, and to identify with the empty, lost feeling. That is part of the true friendship here, and please, please, write to any of us for comfort. Anytime. Hannah, Kate, Lily, Riley, Zack etc.'s Mom, Teri
  • Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    We are so sorry for your loss of Charlie. I am glad you still have your puppy dog so you won't be alone. Charlie is playing up at the Rainbow Bridge and she is not sick anymore. She's not in a 22 year old body anymore either, with all that wear and tear that comes with age. She's young again, healthy and happy, and only one thing is missing from her new life: her daddy. But don't worry about her: she has a lot of new friends to play with while she waits for you. You will meet again one day, and you will never be separated from each other again.
  • Cheryl AyerCheryl Ayer RockportMember Posts: 330
    Goodbye, Charlie. What wonderful love you had, and now you are forever on the painless side of the Bridge. Now you can watch over your human with the love and care that he gave you.
  • Estrella FerrerEstrella Ferrer MiamiMember Posts: 2
    We are so sorry to hear about Charlie. You shared many wonderful years together. Know that you did your best, loved Charlie greatly and that a loved one is never truly forgotten. Moochi, Kittie & Mommy
  • Joe-Anne BrissonJoe-Anne Brisson CardinalMember Posts: 95
    our family is very sorry for your loss. and we give our purrs and comforts
  • John LewisJohn Lewis CarmelMember Posts: 19
    You folks ALL of you are very GOOD people in this day and age that is far and few! i TOLD MY FRIEND AT LEAST I THOUGHT WAS MY FRIEND ABOUT MY LOSEING MY LITTLE GIRL AND HIS COMMENT WAS GROW UP BE A MAN ,i NOW KNOW HOW MUCH LOVE IS IN HIS HEART NONE I QUESS.i WASNT LOOKING FOR A SHOULDER TO CRY ON JUST SOMEONE TO TALK TO AND I KNOW ITS NOT HIM.hE IS LIKE SO MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE TODAY i WISH I HAVE LIVED IN THE LATE 1700 AT LEAST PEOPLE CARED ABOUT EACH OTHER NOW IT ONLY WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR ME! iTS TO BAD THAT LIFE WILL PASS THEM ALL BY.i WILL PRAY FOR ALL THE HARD HEARTS OUT THERE AND MAYBE I WILL UNDERSTAND THEM BETTER THROGH PRAY. wELL LET ME GO FOR NOW AND AGAIN GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND THANK YOU ALL FOR CAREING CHARLIES DAD JOHN
    John, I find that even in my field (I work in mental health) that people do not understand the grief of losing a pet. People tend to think that well, you can just get another and you should get over it. Not so. It is a very real and very deep personal grief and there is a process you must go through. I lost my Morey about a year ago and my Winnie about 18 months ago, it still hurts and I imagine, although the pain does get less intense, it always will to some extent. Just know that you do have company and are deeply understood here.
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    This Delyte. So sorry for Charlie to have gone! I had something like that--I had a big lump in my intestines and threw up everything and felt terrible. My person persuaded the vet to take the lump out and knit everything back together. The vet didn\'t think I would make it, and it hurt terribly and I didn\'t want to eat for the longest time, but I finally recovered. It is now 15 mos. since my surgery and I am eating everything in sight. [I\'m much fatter than my screen picture.] I wish Charlie could have been so lucky. I know how much my people cried over me when they thought I would die. All the best from all of us to Charlie\'s family.
  • Dolores LenzDolores Lenz MissionMember Posts: 341
    We are all very upset by your loss! A lot of people are insensitive about pets. Mummy has heard the mean remarks too. Jasper was 14 when she had to have about 6 small cancer tumors cut off of her back. It cost my mummy $400 and she was glad to pay it. Jasper lived for 2 more years before a raccoon killed her. We all loved her desperately! A cold woman told mummy that she wasted her money and should have just had Jasper killed because it would have been cheaper! The nerve! Have you ever looked in your local paper and seen the ads for pets? Many people want to find homes for their pets that they have had for years! I could never get rid of a pet for convience. Have you read the Rainbow Bridge poem? It is comforting in a sad kind of way. We are feeling very sad about Charlie and will visit his page often. Take care friend....
  • Danielle WinterDanielle Winter Member Posts: 27
    From our family to yours , we are so very sorry for your loss!!!!! We know that no words can express how much we feel for you and your family. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Josie, Tux, Lucky, Little Man , Sweet Pea, Blackie and Ce-Ce
  • ericka deciutiisericka deciutiis los angelesMember Posts: 193
    from kizmet's mom - i find that trying to find others to understand and offer comfort at a time like this is incredibly scary. it seems like no one understands. like your loss isn't as great as someone who has lost a human. but i know that i have shed some tears for you and charlie, and others here have, too. its nice to know we have this place to come to for understanding and support. we'll be thinking of you..... love callie, kizmet, owen and mom
  • cat shepherdcat shepherd KnoxvilleMember Posts: 6,314
    That's so sad that your friend wasn't there for you. He's not much of a friend. And you know, it takes a REAL man to feel pain and love and to show it. Bless you and little Charlie.
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    I have friends who could never understand the love I had for my precious Abbie. When I treated her for cancer for a year, they couldn't understand why I didn't just put her to sleep. When I spent countless hours cleaning up her messes as she got so sick, there were very few friends who understood my committment to my friend. And once she did pass away, I was left with even fewer who understood the sense of loss I felt, the incredible difficulty in which I made that final decision, and the time I needed to heal. Fortunately for me, I do have a very few friends who are animal lovers like I am. Those are the ones who gave me support. And my incredible vet. I wish there were more people out there who could love pets the way we do. I'll be my Abbie and your Charlie have met up in Rainbow Bridge and are eating tuna right now. Take care, John. You were fortunate to have shared so many years with Charlie - and she with you. That time was truly a gift. Even if your friends don't understand. And you know what? If you feel like crying your eyes out, it doesn't make you any less of a man or any less grown up. If anything, I think it makes you more so. It's been since February and I still cry about Abbie. But it is no longer every day. Not even once a week. But when it comes, it pours from me. And I let it.
  • Toba HartmannToba Hartmann Long IslandMember Posts: 1,185
    Welcome home, Charlie my friend!
  • Toba HartmannToba Hartmann Long IslandMember Posts: 1,185
    John, you and Charlie were fortunate to have had so many years together. My family knows what it's like to lose someone you love. It doesn't matter if that someone is a person or a furbaby. Love is love! We want you to know that there ARE people who understand the depth of your loss. Catster and Dogster people understand, and we're here for you.
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    The Silhouette by Terri Onorato The silhouette stands boldly at the end of the hallway Ears erect, eyes like jewels the tail, it softly sways. This wouldn\'t be the first time I\'ve seen her stand nearby Her image clear as crystal from the corner of my eye. Her visits I don\'t share with some who think I\'ve went over and beyond The grieving time they deem I need, they say I should move on. I sometimes pity people who have never felt just cause To share the bond between two souls, one with hands and one with paws. The silhouette reminds me what the others say is wrong For as long as breath goes through me there exists our mighty bond. When the Keeper calls me home and the Bridge gates open wide Our bond will deepen ten fold as we walk through side by side. You see, I am the lucky one as I\'ve been truly blessed For someday we will walk together as eternal silhouettes.
  • Lowell VincentLowell Vincent ChildersburgMember Posts: 219
    I'm saddened to learn of your loss. It hurts so very much. I wish I knew of some way to ease your pain.
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 September, 2006
    Charlie is here with so many of us Bridge cats. I've shown her how to jump down to the lowest cloud so she can watch over you. Kitty kisses to her dad. Purrs, Aragorn
  • Nicole CarrasNicole Carras BrooklynMember Posts: 93
    Dear Charlie's Family, Please do not worry about him- he is now safe and whole and able to eat and drink and play with the rest of us up here. He will be here for you when you are ready to join him. Hugs, Gigi and Family
  • Missy SmithMissy Smith ErieMember Posts: 1,536
    So very sorry for your loss. You are in our thoughts & prayers. xoxoxo ♥
  • Laura BiermannLaura Biermann ChesterfieldMember Posts: 50
    John, I'm so very sorry to hear that Charlies has crossed the Bridge. She knows that you did everything you could for her, and I know she loves you so much for that. She also knows that you made the right decision, and now she is up at the Bridge, playing and running as if she were a kitten again. I will light a candle for her tonight and say a little prayer for her. I wish I could give you a big kittyhug and help to ease your pain. RIP Charlie, you will be missed and loved! Laura, Bootsy, and Nefertiti
  • Emily KimmelEmily Kimmel West HollywoodMember Posts: 14
    edited 29 September, 2006
    I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our little cat this mnonth too. I hope that each day gets easier for you and that, someday, you'll be able to think of all the good times with your kitty, without any sadness.
  • Veronica BallesterosVeronica Ballesteros FresnoMember Posts: 53
    edited 5 October, 2006
    Charlie\'s daddy, Here is a beautiful poem that I found and wanted to share with you. You don\'t know me, I wasn\'t one of Charlie\'s friends but I still feel very sad in knowing he\'s not with you anymore. Just remember all the happy times and I\'m glad that you have your doggie to keep you company and that he\'s not suffering anymore but enjoying his new life. Cat Poem They will not go quietly, the cats who\'ve shared our lives. In suptle ways they let us know their spirit still survives. Old habits still make us think we hear a meow at the door. Or step back when we drop a tasty morsel on the floor. Our feet still go around the place the food dish used to be, And, sometimes, coming home at night, we miss them terribly. And although time may bring new friends and a new food dish to fill, That one place in our hearts belongs to them. . . and always will. by Linda Barnes Meow & licks, Anakin